Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jennifer_in_va

It is so much fun!!!

jennifer_in_va
11 years ago

It is so much fun to actually meet face to face with someone from here!

Today, 3 of my kids & I had an absolutely delightful lunch with (nana)Jayne and her husband, Clinton!! They've been in Fredericksburg since last Friday, and today we met at the local quilt shop and went on to lunch.

We lunched at IHOP and shared very easy conversation, interspersed with comments/interruptions from my children ;) They have been making stops locally, and seem to have been keeping themselves busy. Jayne was even kind enough to feed Melanie her mac & cheese!!

Jayne/Clinton, I enjoyed my time with you!! Thanks for making the effort for a nice face-to-face visit with a 'stranger'. Maybe when we get up your way again, we can do it again. Safe travels home... And let me know where the driver makes you stop along the way! lol

Comments (9)

• loisflan
    11 years ago

It really is fun to meet a forum member. Sharon (not at all a Geezer) and I met earlier this summer and had a great time at a couple of quilt shops. She was a delight, and now every time I read one of her posts, I can see her smiling face. Thanks, Sharon, for meeting with me.

• magothyrivergirl
    11 years ago

Oh Lucky You (and kiddies)! NanaJayne is one of my favorite people here! She is always so kind and helpful. I'm glad you were able to meet up with Jayne and her husband and enjoy a lunch together. So very nice!!

• nanajayne
    11 years ago

The pleasure was all ours. Meeting Jennifer and her delightful children made the trip so much more meaningful. Being able to put faces to names bring the forum even closer.
    I get so much pleasure from my friends here and hope we will be able to share the time together again.
    Thank you Jennifer for sharing your knowlegde, time and children with us.

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    11 years ago

I agree, Jennifer! It's a LOT of fun!!!! So glad you and Jayne had a good time. And, every gal I've met from the forum has been a hoot! Makes it easier for me to 'hoot' right along with them. lol

Other than those I met at retreat, are LindaOH (think we've gotten together 3 times), anyone remember JackeTN? Met her last Thanksgiving.....what a nut ! and Lois, it was my pleasure to meet you!...yeah, she's a nut, too! Had tried to get with Bev2009 this trip, but our plans fell through...we still have August, so maybe.... @:)

Now, how about this one! DD and her family met one of our forum members that I haven't...yet! I was soooo jealous!

SharonG/FL-IN

• polardream
    11 years ago

I agree - it is fun! I am so glad you had the chance to meet and share little Melanie! She is such a doll.
    I met Toolgranny - Linda - before retreat. Her son lives in Colorado and we met here. Also met wynative - Marie - when she made a trip to Fort Collins for an appointment. I am looking forward to meeting Bev2009 when her daughters move here in the fall.

I am looking forward to meeting more new friends at Retreat in October.
    Sue

• toolgranny
    11 years ago

I'm so glad you got to meet up with Jayne on her trip. I'm so envious.

My first trip to retreat was really a step into the unknown, meeting forum quilters face to face for the first time.

I don't know why I ever hesitated. You are all such a wonderful bunch. But, then, I've never met a quilter I didn't like.

• grammyp
    11 years ago

Sounds like a great day and I'm sure the kids were great.

beverly

• rosajoe_gw
    11 years ago

I agree it is great to meet the members in person. I was dissapointed that I did not join the forum when I lived in Central Florida but I was working and didn't have the time.

Glad you had a great time!
    Rosa

• bev2009
    11 years ago

Sharon, I don't remember when you are coming through my way, but let me know!

Sue, we just returned from taking Melissa to Ft. Collins. I'm sorry we didn't have a chance to get together, but I'm sure I will be flying out before Thanksgiving. My husband and I both fell in love with your city; we even stayed an extra day instead of going on to Omaha.

Hopefully next April some us can meet up for the Paducah quilt show.