Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pic of the Double 4 patch.

Posted by nanajayne (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 28, 12 at 15:49

Hopeful this works. My Double 4 patch scrap quilt of my GD. Tried to add the corner pic. of the points but not smart enough I guess.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pic of the Double 4 patch.

Your border turned out great; the color really sets off the rich colors of the center! Love the prairie points!

o

Thank you. It turned out better then I expected. Having issues posting pic. Tryed to do one with the corner showing the quilting and the points but it keeps being rejected.

o

Jayne, it's not my usual color scheme, but I love it! I agree that the gold border is just perfect. Love the prairie points in the border, too!

Donna

o

I agree the pairie points and the border compliments the fabrics perfectly.

I love the binding and I have never made one like this - need to get busy and do it LOL!!!
Rosa

o

Jayne, I think your quilt turned out beautifully. I love the gold border and the scrappy binding. And the prairie points are perfect. You did a wonderful job. Lois

o

I had to come back and look at it again! This quilt makes me want to wrap up and take a nap.

o

My that is lovely! Prairie points are great!

Thx for efforts in posting the pics!

Gwen in Orl

o

Thank you everyone, I am making sm. quilts to give my G kids for Christmas, 2 more to go. I am trying to use up some of my stash so that results in some unusual colors choices. There are many of my metalic gold fabrics in this quilt but they don't show up well.
This turned out better then I expected. Working on one called "Island Chain" now.

o

Oh wow...........that sums it up. The fabric choices float my boat in a big way. They look like the deep, rich tones one would find the walls painted in a very old home, like mine. Very rich, very warm, very ......very nice.

o

Applause, applause...love it and the prairie points are the perfect touch. Nice idea! I took a class one time at j beyer and they showed me a fold at the same place you have the points. I liked the effect, but never did it again, this is an inspiration for the future.
Lovely....
V

o

That's delightful. I just love your colors. Good job.

o

Very pretty! i think you asked for suggestions for the border color for this quilt - am I right?

I love the scrappy Prairie points along the narrow border - and the scrappy binding......you are making me love scrappy.

She will love it.

o

Beautiful and I love the prairie points. Never tried them before and I love that there're inside the frame and adjacent corners.

o

That's an awesome quilt. Great job.

o

Love it!! Especially those prairie points!! I will have to remember that one. Lucky GD :-)

Robbi

o

Beautiful! Love the prairie points and binding. Your GD should love it, too - she is one lucky girl!

Sue

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here