Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nanajayne

Pic of the Double 4 patch.

nanajayne
11 years ago

Hopeful this works. My Double 4 patch scrap quilt of my GD. Tried to add the corner pic. of the points but not smart enough I guess.

Comments (16)

• K8Orlando
    11 years ago

Your border turned out great; the color really sets off the rich colors of the center! Love the prairie points!

• nanajayne
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you. It turned out better then I expected. Having issues posting pic. Tryed to do one with the corner showing the quilting and the points but it keeps being rejected.

• msmeow
    11 years ago

Jayne, it's not my usual color scheme, but I love it! I agree that the gold border is just perfect. Love the prairie points in the border, too!

Donna

• rosajoe_gw
    11 years ago

I agree the pairie points and the border compliments the fabrics perfectly.

I love the binding and I have never made one like this - need to get busy and do it LOL!!!
    Rosa

• loisflan
    11 years ago

Jayne, I think your quilt turned out beautifully. I love the gold border and the scrappy binding. And the prairie points are perfect. You did a wonderful job. Lois

• K8Orlando
    11 years ago

I had to come back and look at it again! This quilt makes me want to wrap up and take a nap.

• sunnycentralfl
    11 years ago

My that is lovely! Prairie points are great!

Thx for efforts in posting the pics!

Gwen in Orl

• nanajayne
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you everyone, I am making sm. quilts to give my G kids for Christmas, 2 more to go. I am trying to use up some of my stash so that results in some unusual colors choices. There are many of my metalic gold fabrics in this quilt but they don't show up well.
    This turned out better then I expected. Working on one called "Island Chain" now.

• calliope
    11 years ago

Oh wow...........that sums it up. The fabric choices float my boat in a big way. They look like the deep, rich tones one would find the walls painted in a very old home, like mine. Very rich, very warm, very ......very nice.

• littlehelen_gw
    11 years ago

Applause, applause...love it and the prairie points are the perfect touch. Nice idea! I took a class one time at j beyer and they showed me a fold at the same place you have the points. I liked the effect, but never did it again, this is an inspiration for the future.
    Lovely....
    V

• toolgranny
    11 years ago

That's delightful. I just love your colors. Good job.

• magothyrivergirl
    11 years ago

Very pretty! i think you asked for suggestions for the border color for this quilt - am I right?

I love the scrappy Prairie points along the narrow border - and the scrappy binding......you are making me love scrappy.

She will love it.

• quiltnhen
    11 years ago

Beautiful and I love the prairie points. Never tried them before and I love that there're inside the frame and adjacent corners.

• fran1523
    11 years ago

That's an awesome quilt. Great job.

• Robbi D.
    11 years ago

Love it!! Especially those prairie points!! I will have to remember that one. Lucky GD :-)

Robbi

• polardream
    11 years ago

Beautiful! Love the prairie points and binding. Your GD should love it, too - she is one lucky girl!

Sue