Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Progress so far...

Posted by msmeow (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 4, 13 at 15:36

I thought y'all might like to see how I'm coming on my tiny tree blocks. Thirteen down out of 31! :)

Treemendous as of 08-04-13 photo Treemendous08-04_zpsbedcd3e2.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Progress so far...

Yikes! good work.
Theresa

o

OMG...beautiful and incredible...can you still see straight? :-)
V.

o

YAY!!!! I like how you're already putting the blocks together as you go. I think I'd probably just make a stack as I go. This gives a great feeling of accomplishment!

Encourages me to get back to my mini/George quilt!

o

Mind blowing! Bravo!
LindaB/CA

o

Those are incredible! How big are they?

o

Remarkable...Continue the good work..TFS\

o

That's more than awesome, Donna. Like that commercial.....awesome times awesome!!

Do you ever wonder about the minds that think up patterns like this? Sort of like the architects that design layers upon layers of highway overpasses. Kind of scary..... :-)

SharonG/FL

o

LOL Sharon! I've taken 2 classes from George Siciliano (the pattern designer) and he is really, really passionate about log cabin variations and teeny, tiny blocks! :) He's won many awards at major shows.

Jen, I couldn't stand to just pile them up! I made the longest row first; that gave me incentive to stick with it for at least 7 blocks. Then I started the next row and that gave me an incentive to make 6 more, despite having huge problems with the 5th one. It wasn't printed dark enough or something, and I was having a heck of a time seeing the lines for folding and sewing.

Lois, they are 3" finished, and have 71 pieces of fabric in each one!

I'm going to try to get the second 6-block row done before I need a break from it.

Donna

o

Those are beautiful - really stunning!

o

It's beautiful, but looks so tedious.

Best to you,
Sandra

o

Amazing!! I sure do not have the patience for something this small and paper piecing at that. I can't quite figure that out...kind of like trying to curl your hair in a mirror. Can't do that either.

o

It is fun to see them laid out. They look wonderful, but the idea of sewing just 1 block makes my head hurt. You are impressive!

o

OMG,i havn't been over here in awhile,glad I checked in.Those blocks are awesome,3" finished and 71 pcs in each,i can't even wrap my brain around that!! TFS they're great.
Kathi

o

Oh my goodness!! I am awestruck, those are beyond awesome!

beverly

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here