Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wonderful News!

Posted by lindaoh (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 15, 11 at 15:21

Our son and his wife are expecting in March! I had a Very Hungry Caterpillar quilt in my finished stash. We went to visit them and I took the quilt along with a copy of the Very Hungry Caterpillar book that belonged to my son when he was young. He said it was his favorite book. I washed the quilt before giving it to them so it is now soft and cuddly.
I entered the quilt in a quilt show in 2009 and it won a blue ribbon. The link shows it hanging at the quilt show. The blue around it is the quilt that is hanging behind it.
Linda OH

Here is a link that might be useful: Quilt picture

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wonderful News!

Congratulations, Linda!!
Is this their first? The quilt is adorable.

o

Congrats!!!

o

Thanks! This is our first grandchild. All of us are so excited!
Linda OH

o

Congratz, Linda! You are going to have so much fun being a gramma.

SharonG/FL

o

love the caterpillars. did you ever get around to making that lil twister?

o

How exciting for you!
I am still waiting for my turn to be a grandmother.... and I have 4 special baby quilts that I made... still waiting for a baby in our life!!

o

What wonderful news! Congrats to everyone - your quilt if really cute and so much fun that you had your son's book to include with it!
Sue

o

Very exciting! Also sweet your son remembered his favorite childhood book - good thing you saved it all these years.
Very cute quilt. It will be cuter snuggling a baby!

o

Congratulation to all of you, that is very exciting. I love the Very Hungry Caterpillar.

beverly

o

Congratulations!! My ds and dh are both March birthdays, so the baby will be in good company. I also love that story. I think the fabric is adorable, and who wouldn't like a blue ribbon quilt!

Robbi

o

Thanks for sharing your extra special news. First time grandma! This is a really special occasion!
fantastic that you had the quilt on hand to present to them - along with your son's book when he was a child.

Kristene

o

Congrats!!! I love being a grandmother. I think it is a gorgeous quilt. It's going to seem like years before March gets here lol!!!!
Rosa

o

Congratulations! So much fun looking forward to GKs, and once they arrive, you can spoil them and when they get to be too much, you can pass them back to their parents.

Nice quilt for the little one. My son loved that book.

~Geraldine

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here