Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What's been your latest inspiration?

Posted by karpet (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 27, 11 at 15:14

My husband gave me a book for my birthday "A Joy Forever - Marie Webster's Quilt Patterns"

It has been so fun to read it and learn about the role she played in sparking the pre-WW1 'quilt craze'.

It didn't click with me till the conclusion of the text that she had submitter her first quilt pattern at the age of 50. That encouraged me that I could still accomplish something with the rest of my life.

I also enjoyed learning more about what was behind the Arts and Crafts movement. Almost all of Marie's quilts were made with solid color fabric so that has made me rethink getting all the solids out of my stash.

What about you? What things have influenced or inspired your quilting lately?
Karlene

Here is a link that might be useful: A Joy Forever -

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What's been your latest inspiration?

That sounds like a great book, Karlene! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Alas, not much inspiration here. Lately I've been feeling the need to finish the pile of unfinished projects. I'm making progress, but still have a long way to go. And then there's the pile of unstarted projects - kits, etc.

Donna

o

I was inspired recently by a quilt shop hop. Typically I go to the quilt shop or look for something at one of the on-line fabric vendors because I already have an idea of what I want. But during the shop hop I was spending time with other quilters and listening to their comments, I had the opportunity to talk about the fabrics we were seeing with my quilting buddy who went with me, and I had the sensory overload of seeing bolts and bolts of beautiful fabrics and dozens of completed quilts. Of course, the shops group everything by designer or by color, too. It was very inspirational and I still haven't sorted though all the new ideas!

Kate

o

Marsha inspired me to begin the 9-Patch Pizzazz I've been wanting to do when she posted she had completed one. DH thinks it's really busy but I'm not done with it yet.....hope it'll look ok when it's done.

SharonG/FL

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here