Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Retreaters! A question for you.

Posted by jennifer_in_va (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 9, 12 at 14:31

Would you be interested in a workshop on making a coordinating pillowcase for your quilts?

It is the 'hot dog' method of making a quick pillowcase, good for gifting your quilt or making matching pillowcases for the bed.

It's a quick & easy workshop/project.

If there's enough interest, I'll add it to the retreat information that I'm putting out soon.

Jennifer

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Retreaters! A question for you.

Not my cup tea but I can do other things while you're doing that.

o

It's a really easy way to make pillowcases. I made 14 for a bazaar last year, in kiddie prints.
They are very wrinkled because I had already folded and ironed them before I decided to take the picture.
Theresa

o

I made over 50 of them a few years ago but wouldn't mind making a couple. I had in mind to make some travel pillow size anyway.

SharonG/FL-IN (MI this afternoon)

o

Already know how. My sewing machine will be purring away on something else during your workshop, but thanks!
For those who are not familiar with this method--it is worth the demo.

o

I've made sooo many pillowcases, but I can occupy my machine w/ other fun things...go for it.
Teresa, your pc are adorable!

o

Absolutely, I had thought about making matching ones for all the quilts I gave as gifts last year, maybe that can be their gifts this year.

Jackie

o

Yes please! I have already made pillowslips to go with my own quilts, but would be good to see how you do it.

Kristene

o

I'm always up to learning something new. My dd is wanting to redo her bedroom, so I could apply this to her new ensemble.

What do we need to bring for it?

Robbi

o

I'll echo what the others have said: I already make them using this method but if you don't then you'll love finding out how to do it. Very quick and easy. And it turns out a very nice pillowcase!

Kate

o

Sounds like you have plenty of interest! I'll probably sit this one out to work on other things.

Teresa

o

When Sharon was making her 50 I got caught up it it too and made them for Christmas stocking stuffers.

I agree it is a fast project and makes a very nice pillowcase. I think it will be fun!
Rosa

o

Sure, I'll participate. I have made some before, but it was a long time ago.
Jeanne

o

Information on supplies will come with the general Retreat information

soon

o

I have made them, but could always use a refresher!
Sue

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here