Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
quiltingfox

Butterfly baby quilt block layout?

quiltingfox
9 years ago

I am making 4 12" butterfly blocks that will be in the center of a baby quilt I am making.... which layout do you like best?
(antennas will be added later to head of each butterfly)
1. Butterfly with pink flowers to the outer edge of each wing?
2. Butterfly with no flowers.
3. Butterfly facing a pink flower.

Best to you all and thanks,
Sandra

Comments (16)

• quiltingfox
    Original Author
    9 years ago

2nd block

• quiltingfox
    Original Author
    9 years ago

3rd block, this is just a rough layout, block has not been sewn yet

• toolgranny
    9 years ago

I think I like the one with the two flowers best.

• magothyrivergirl
    9 years ago

I LOVE #1

• quiltingfox
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I like #1 the best with the 2 flowers. My husband looked at that block as I was sewing it and said he did not see a butterfly and 2 flowers... so I thought I would post pics and get some feedback, ... my husband has as little to do with my quilting as possible. Thank ya'll for your feedback I think that is the one I will go with.

Best to you and thanks bunches,
    Sandra

• magothyrivergirl
    9 years ago

hahaha!
    Same as my husband, so when he says something like that, it shakes me and makes me wonder???? Aren't you happy "we" see your vision........I think he just needed the antennas to see the butterfly. It is going to make a cute baby quilt.

• quiltingfox
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you Marsha, that was exactly it, after his comment I was doubting my quilting plan. I am so glad ya'll can see my vision for this quilt block.

Best to you and thanks bunches for the encouragement,
    Sandra

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    9 years ago

Of course we see your butterfly and flowers! And, I like the first one, too. This will be really cute for a baby quilt.

SharonG/FL

• polardream
    9 years ago

I like the first one best. I immediately saw the butterfly! Men...

Sue

• quiltingfox
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you all. Sharon these 4 12" butterfly blocks will be framed by 16 8" granny square quilt blocks ........ similar layout to the one I made for Christy last year, except this baby quilt will be for a boy.

Best to you all and thanks bunches,
    Sandra

• quiltnhen
    9 years ago

I saw this late, but if agree. Number one. I think it's because I like the added color.
    LindaB/CA

• loisflan
    9 years ago

Sandra, I think your butterfly quilt will be adorable, especially when the antennae are added. I agree with everyone about block #1 too.

My husband is very supportive most of the time. Then sometimes he says something like, "That one doesn't do anything for me." Or worse yet, the great Minnesota put-down, "That's different."

I'm so glad we have such a great on-line support system.

• magothyrivergirl
    9 years ago

I actually ask my non artsy DH to look at the colors or layout for an objective opinion from a totally different perspective than mine. Most of the time, his strange (to me) comment will cause me to make a change.
    Lois -- "That's Different" must be a guy thing! Well, yes -- it is supposed to be different!!! Who wants to make the same thing all the time? LOL

• nannykins
    9 years ago

My husband usually says,"that's the best one you have made".
    Or the other comment is "who is this one for?" And since they are all charity quilts, my answer is " I haven't the foggiest idea "
    He doesn't offer any constructive hints though.
    Theresa

• K8Orlando
    9 years ago

Sorry I'm late to this discussion too! Cute block. I think I like the first one best!

• quiltingfox
    Original Author
    9 years ago

My husband does not talk quilting with me, but he does pay attention though, because back around 2011 he told me he wanted a lighthouse quilt for our bed, .... and then he said he wanted it to be "a 5 year quilt". He has very high expectations so I have not started his quilt yet.

I finished 1 of the butterfly blocks with 2 flowers and am piecing the 2nd one which I hope I will finish tonight or tomorrow afternoon.

Best to you all and thanks bunches,
    Sandra

Sponsored
2 Navy Lane, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudoun County's Leading Interior Designer