Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
littlehelen_gw

JB quilted tote

littlehelen_gw
11 years ago

Hi, Well my addiction continues...finished up a quilted tote and for me, again it's my first quilted tote. I'm taking a class at a small quilt shop and in July she showed us a 64 patch quilted tote to make w/ left overs. I had some Jenny Beyer (JB) 5" scraps (they literally looked like they were scraps the way they were packaged in a sandwich bag and just barely 5" squares). Anyway, using the lesson guide, my JB scraps, a little creativity to add interior pockets and Leah Day's loopy loop quilt pattern, I finished my tote. I wanted the practice and needed a quilted tote that I made instead of a purchased item. I'm ready for the retreat now!

V.

Comments (14)

• rosajoe_gw
    11 years ago

WOW this is your first???? Very professional looking!

I'm a fan of Jenny's too. I really need to practice my FMQing - it's only been 5 years lol!!! Each time I practice I wait so long till the next practice that I have to start all over again.

Looking forward to seeing you at the retreat!!
    Rosa

• toolgranny
    11 years ago

Good job. I just love your colors. I'm looking forward to seeing both you and Rosa at retreat.

• magothyrivergirl
    11 years ago

Beautiful!!! I find the loopy loops to be very forgiving and an easy design to quilt that allows me to relax and get into the zone, although most of my quilting is done on a frame. From the loops, add hearts in between or leaf shapes or any other shape (after practice-practice-practice:)

Very pretty fabrics! You have been so productive this weekend

• littlehelen_gw
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you... Can't wait to meet everyone myself! I'm also happy to find this forum, but I must give credit to Kate...she kindly pushed me to join..so glad I did!

Marsha, you are right, loopy loops is forgiving and easy. I recommend it for anyone starting fmq. ...What do you mean most of your quilting is done on a frame... is this a long arm machine?

• K8Orlando
    11 years ago

Val, it's wonderful! Good job and good use of Jinny's fabrics. You won't be surprised to hear that I love the bling too! Is that from your bead stash?

Kate

• loisflan
    11 years ago

Val, your tote is wonderful. I love everything about. You did a great job.

• lindaoh_gw
    11 years ago

I love it! Your fabrics are beautiful!
    Linda OH

• Kristene Smith
    11 years ago

Well done! A beautiful and useful tote bag. See you at the retreat

Kristene

• quiltnhen
    11 years ago

Impressive. I love it!

• teresa_nc7
    11 years ago

A lovely tote for your first one, Val! I love the fabrics and the touch of bling. Looking forward to meeting you and the other first time Campers at our retreat.

Teresa

• murphy_zone7
    11 years ago

Great looking tote.....love that touch of bling. however, be very careful, tote/purse making is kinda addictive.
    This may be your first but I bet it won't be your last.:)
    Murphy (who hasn't "bought" a purse, tote, wallet in over 6 years)

• Robbi D.
    11 years ago

Love it!! I love your quilting pattern, too.

Robbi

• littlehelen_gw
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you all...your kind words and encouragement feeds this constant urge to quilt something...anything...LOL!!! Murphy_zone7: I dare say you may be correct, I did the 64 patch over two week nights and made the tote in no time over the weekend...already thinking of more totes.
    And the bling...well that's actually curtain / drapery hardware to be used for holdback...never used for my curtains and it was just sitting there saying Use Me!
    V.

• sunnycentralfl
    11 years ago

Really very pretty.
    Lovely colors and great quilting...would never guess it's a first time quilting project!

THX for posting,
    Gwen