Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
JB quilted tote

Posted by littlehelen (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 5, 12 at 13:56

Hi, Well my addiction continues...finished up a quilted tote and for me, again it's my first quilted tote. I'm taking a class at a small quilt shop and in July she showed us a 64 patch quilted tote to make w/ left overs. I had some Jenny Beyer (JB) 5" scraps (they literally looked like they were scraps the way they were packaged in a sandwich bag and just barely 5" squares). Anyway, using the lesson guide, my JB scraps, a little creativity to add interior pockets and Leah Day's loopy loop quilt pattern, I finished my tote. I wanted the practice and needed a quilted tote that I made instead of a purchased item. I'm ready for the retreat now!
V.
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: JB quilted tote

WOW this is your first???? Very professional looking!

I'm a fan of Jenny's too. I really need to practice my FMQing - it's only been 5 years lol!!! Each time I practice I wait so long till the next practice that I have to start all over again.

Looking forward to seeing you at the retreat!!
Rosa

o

Good job. I just love your colors. I'm looking forward to seeing both you and Rosa at retreat.

o

Beautiful!!! I find the loopy loops to be very forgiving and an easy design to quilt that allows me to relax and get into the zone, although most of my quilting is done on a frame. From the loops, add hearts in between or leaf shapes or any other shape (after practice-practice-practice:)

Very pretty fabrics! You have been so productive this weekend

o

Thank you... Can't wait to meet everyone myself! I'm also happy to find this forum, but I must give credit to Kate...she kindly pushed me to join..so glad I did!

Marsha, you are right, loopy loops is forgiving and easy. I recommend it for anyone starting fmq. ...What do you mean most of your quilting is done on a frame... is this a long arm machine?

o

Val, it's wonderful! Good job and good use of Jinny's fabrics. You won't be surprised to hear that I love the bling too! Is that from your bead stash?

Kate

o

Val, your tote is wonderful. I love everything about. You did a great job.

o

I love it! Your fabrics are beautiful!
Linda OH

o

Well done! A beautiful and useful tote bag. See you at the retreat

Kristene

o

Impressive. I love it!

o

A lovely tote for your first one, Val! I love the fabrics and the touch of bling. Looking forward to meeting you and the other first time Campers at our retreat.

Teresa

o

Great looking tote.....love that touch of bling. however, be very careful, tote/purse making is kinda addictive.
This may be your first but I bet it won't be your last.:)
Murphy (who hasn't "bought" a purse, tote, wallet in over 6 years)

o

Love it!! I love your quilting pattern, too.

Robbi

o

Thank you all...your kind words and encouragement feeds this constant urge to quilt something...anything...LOL!!! Murphy_zone7: I dare say you may be correct, I did the 64 patch over two week nights and made the tote in no time over the weekend...already thinking of more totes.
And the bling...well that's actually curtain / drapery hardware to be used for holdback...never used for my curtains and it was just sitting there saying Use Me!
V.

o

Really very pretty.
Lovely colors and great quilting...would never guess it's a first time quilting project!

THX for posting,
Gwen

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here