Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Batting

Posted by calverttx (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 25, 12 at 12:24

Good morning all. I have been quilting since the 80's but stopped for 7 years. Wow, there is so much new stuff and new ways of doing it that it makes my head spin.
Funny story. I made a Christmas Radical Rooster wall quilt. I needed many different fabrics and had enough left over to make a Christmas throw.Now it is time for the batting and I am DO NOT know what to buy for the machine quilting I plan to do. Any and all suggestions will be appreciated.

Thank you all for just being here when I need advice. You are a great group of ladies. Nancy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Batting

I like Warm and Natural all cotton, but there are many others depending on how warm you want it to be, and other factors, such as how closely you want to quilt, etc. I usually ask at the quilt shop. They seem to know their stock well.

o

Good idea, I had not given any thought to the closeness of the quilting. I guess I had better do my homework. Thank you so much.

o

I used only 100% cotton for years but lately I've fallen for the 80/20 blends. Lightweight, a little bit fluffy but not too much, great for showing off your quilting, etc.

o

I also use Warm and Natural but now tend to buy the Warm and White in case I do a white quilt. It covers all bases except for when I want black. I like the 80/20 and it washes well. I usually keep the quilting close like 20" apart.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here