Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Jenny Beyer top

Posted by nanajayne (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 4, 13 at 12:13

Just put the borders on this Jenny Beyer top. Plan on giving to my youngest daughter on her 60th next year.
Now to get the backing (plan on a black) and sandwich. Expect to hand quilt this one.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Jenny Beyer top

Beautiful!

o

Gorgeous!!!!
Theresa

o

WOW! It's just beautiful!
V.

o

It's lovely, Jayne. Your borders... are they border fabrics, or did you have to fussy cut them all?

o

WOW,WOW,WOW it is jaw dropping gorgeous Jayne!!!!!
The border fabric is amazing, perfect for the quilt. I am a Jenny fan too.
Rosa

o

The borders are Jenny's border fabric which is used for the inner and outer border. I was a new challenge for me. 2 of the corners came out reasonable well but the other 2 could be better.
Lots of matching and set in seams.
It was a kit that I got when I stopped at her store in the spring. Squares and triangles were pre cut thank heaven.

o

Hey, I'm gonna be 60 this year. Would look very nice on my bed. LOL. She'll love it. Beautiful quilt. Any idea how you're gonna quilt it?

o

I second the WOW's. It's a real sparkler and will be even more so with the loving stitches of hand quilting.
LindaB/CA

o

Open to suggestions as to the quilting. Lots of seams to cross so will try and keep the middle simple but black and borders offer some challenges.

o

No ideas about the quilting, but wanted to say I think it's beautiful!

SharonG/FL

o

Beautiful!
Linda OH

o

I so LOVE LOVE LOVE JB quilts! I have 3 of her quilt kits downstairs to do..

Yours turned out lovely, and I particularly like that border print. Very fresh & bright! I wish they'd done a better job of that one green color, though... That darkest diamond point. Just doesn't seem to fit very well.

o

WOW! Just simply beautiful.
Darlene

o

Just beautiful! Great labor of love!

Congratulations!

Gwen

o

Jennifer, I agree the greens could have been better. I am not fond of the lightest one either. I guess she did it for accent. Wouldn't have been my choice.

o

Jennifer, I agree the greens could have been better. I am not fond of the lightest one either. I guess she did it for accent. Wouldn't have been my choice.

o

Oh that is just gorgeous! Love the colors and the border. A job well done! Thank you for sharing a pic of it with us.

Best to you,
Sandra

o

Oh, that is gorgeous! It doesn't seem possible that your DD would be 60! Beautiful work!

o

Beautiful...love the fabrics and the border material really sets it off. She'll love it.

o

It is beautiful! It sparkles.
The fabrics are lovely and it's an interesting pattern.
TFS.

~Geraldine.

o

Very pretty.

o

Your top is stunning. Your daughter is lucky!

o

Your top is stunning. Your daughter is lucky!

o

It just sparkles. Lovelly quilt.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here