Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Huskystar sewing machine

Posted by buteau3rd (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 20, 11 at 12:12

I have acquired this machine for a backup, and wondered if I have company here. I am having a problem judging my scant 1/4" seams.......any hints? What foot do you use?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Huskystar sewing machine

I have one and is my primary machine for 5 years now. I use the quarter inch foot ( the one with the blade on the side) and move my needle to the 4.0 position, I think. It's the farthest I can go to the right without hitting the foot with the needle. When I get home I will post what the foot letter is. I have not had a days trouble out of it.

Rebecca

o

Thank you so much for the reassurance. I bought this one through a classified ad, and haven't really used it very much. When I did start to try it out, I was happy with the stitch,(very happy) but not the scant 1/4" set-up. Funny how we get used to how we alter our ways to get that seam allowance just the way we want it.
I'll be on the watch for the foot that you use.......but I bought a new foot from Joannes today, and will try that. But it doesn't have the blade on the side, they didn't have it.
Marge

o

I checked the foot that I use and it doesn't have a letter on it. I believe I bought it after the machine from my dealer. I just googled an image and came up with a Janome foot that looks exactly like mine, so that is probably what it is. Did you get the C10 or C20 model? I have the c10. The only difference, I believe, is the c20 has letters in the built in stitches. At the time I bought mine, it was like a $100 difference. I rarely use the fancy stitches any ways.

Photobucket

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here