Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
quiltingfox

Card Tricks Quilt

quiltingfox
9 years ago

Last night I finished hand-quilting my parents' Card Tricks queen-size quilt. I started hand-piecing the blocks for it in 2009, ... has taken 5 years to complete. I echo quilted the 100 9" blocks. This will be my Christmas present for my parents this year. All that is left to do is to get my S-I-L to make me an embroidery label for the quilt. So happy it is finally finished!

Best to you,
Sandra

Comments (22)

• loisflan
    9 years ago

Wow, Sandra, what a labor of love! Your quilt is very beautiful, and your parents will be so pleased to receive such a treasure.

• toolgranny
    9 years ago

That is such a special quilt. Bet you are also glad it's done. Lovely.

• msmeow
    9 years ago

Sandra, thank you for posting a picture! I've been following all your posts as you worked on it. It's lovely - congratulations on finishing it!

Donna

• grammyp
    9 years ago

Oh my gosh, you did a great job. It is beautiful and they will love it.

beverly

• quiltnhen
    9 years ago

It's beautiful. Lots of love in all that stitching. Something about it says Irish to me, guess it's the green ;-)
    LindaB/CA

• quiltingfox
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you all very much. The last quilt I made my parents was more for my mom and had lots of pink in it. This quilt with all the blues and greens was made more with my dad in mind as I am sure he is tired of pink, pink, pink on his bed LOL.

Best to you,
    Sandra

• K8Orlando
    9 years ago

Congrats on finishing! What a project!!!

Kate

• beth7happy
    9 years ago

ohh my goodness!! That is monumental!!! ...and very pretty, too!!

• littlehelen_gw
    9 years ago

An incredible labor of love...congratulations on your lovely finish!!!

• quiltingfox
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you all bunches! :-)

Best to you,
    Sandra

• magothyrivergirl
    9 years ago

Love it! Love the colors!
    I am soooooo happy for you! You amaze me in your perseverance and dedication! Now you just have to NOT give it to them before Christmas --- I want a report back on their reactions of this incredible gift.
    Thank you for showing us the finished quilt - and sharing your journey.

• polardream
    9 years ago

Great Job!!! Hand quilting is truly a labor of love and I am sure that your parents will love the quilt. Really beautiful.

Sue

• amazingcm
    9 years ago

Looks Beautiful.. Your parents will love it!

• rosajoe_gw
    9 years ago

Beautiful Sandra!!!! This is an amazing gift, I'm sure they will love it.
    Rosa

• quiltingfox
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Marsha it is stored in a Rubbermaid box with lid beside my bed and they won't get it until Christmas. Thank you all bunches for appreciating the time it took to make this quilt.

Best to you all and thanks bunches,
    Sandra

• jennifer_in_va
    9 years ago

What a great gift! You have an incredible level of persistence, much more than me!

Time to do something small and quick, and for you!!

• nanajayne
    9 years ago

Congratulations...Wow. hand pieced and quilted!! True labor of love. They will both love it. Nicely done. TFS

• nannykins
    9 years ago

I admire your perseverance. Good job and sure to be appreciated.
    Theresa

• lindaoh_gw
    9 years ago

Wow, I think it is a wonderful labor of love for your parents. They will love it! I too have been following your progress with this quilt.
    Linda OH

• quiltingfox
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you all bunches. While working on my parents' quilt and my cousin's baby quilt, I have squeezed in some time for working on my Granny Square quilt which will be queensize -- I have all the blocks cut out and kitted up in ziploc sandwhich bags, so when I have down time or just need a break from other projects I hand piece granny blocks. Right now I am working on the last 4 blocks on my cousin's baby quilt which I hope to have completed before Thanksgiving.

Best to you all and thanks bunches,
    Sandra

• bev2009
    9 years ago

It's great to be able to see the finished product after following along for so long. It is beautiful and a real treasure. It will seem strange not to read about it on your weekend quilting entry.

• quiltingfox
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you Bev, I appreciate that. It's such a good feeling to actually finish something! :-)

Best to you and thanks bunches,
    Sandra