Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
grammyp_gw

Possible non quilting retreat activities

grammyp
12 years ago

Here are some possible activities for the weekend. The Draconids meteor shower will be visible the 7th and 8th. Also the Comets Honda and Elenin may be visible while we are there. The soccer field is elevated and dark and should offer a nice viewing location. It is possible the deck at the dining hall would also be dark enough also, but DH will do some research and see where the best place will be. These comets are small and may not offer much of a show but we will definitely be hanging out to see them and everyone will be welcome to join us.

beverly

Comments (13)

• sandlapper_rose
    12 years ago

Sounds good to me!
    Let me know when someone plans to walk a bit or do anything else outdoors while we are there. I saw too little of the camp last time and it is beautiful there so I hope to fit in some outdoors time this year.
    Jeanne

• wendyfaye
    12 years ago

Anyone planning on doing some horseback riding?

• jennifer_in_va
    12 years ago

I've always wanted to, but never got around to it. Probably won't this year either having Melanie with me, but next year I'll probably have my 11 yo DD and she'd love to!

• wendyfaye
    12 years ago

Maybe you can find a babysitter and we can take off for an hour... ;)

• grammyp
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I take a walk every morning before breakfast, the camp is so quiet and beautiful then. Love to watch the sun come up and burn off the fog in the valley. I have seen as many as 12 deer around the soccer field. I like to take the "scenic" route around the camp after eating, too.

beverly

• sandlapper_rose
    12 years ago

If anyone wants to try horseback riding there, I am game as long as they have a step stool so I can get on the horse!
    Jeanne

• polardream
    12 years ago

I'm up for walking - no horseback riding for me, step stool or not. I'll share my Ecuador horseback riding adventure later!
    I don't see hot tubs or massages listed as camp activities... too bad.

Sue

• K8Orlando
    12 years ago

I'm imagining taking a newly made quilt top out to one of those beautiful grassy meadows, laying down and watching a meteor shower! What a great way to built a memory into that quilt! The retreat, the sewing, the friends, and a couple shooting stars. It couldn't get much better than that.

(Can you tell I wish I could be there!?!)

Kate

• magothyrivergirl
    12 years ago

Kate-I wish you were able to make it also :~(

• K8Orlando
    12 years ago

If you have a 2012 list started, sign me up for:
    - morning walks in the woods
    - meteor watching
    - horseback riding (will they promise to walk and not run?)
    - sewing
    - eating
    - laughing

• justamomofsix
    12 years ago

I haven't been horse back riding since I was a kid. I would love to go if other people are going!! I will remember to bring a pillow for my chair to sit on afterwards... :)

Looking forward to a weekend of quilting, fellowship with great people, and all the yummy eats!!

Katherine

• cindykg23
    12 years ago

I'm thinking a horseback ride is sounding great! I love to ride, but rarely get a chance to. Not that I'm good or anything - & Katherine, thanks for the pillow idea! It will be handy to have the day after!!

• jennifer_in_va
    12 years ago

You all might want a pillow to sit on regardless of the horses! The chairs we have don't do much for our backs.

Quilts work well too!

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz