Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Barn quilt

Posted by mary_c (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 5, 12 at 11:11

I was on the APQS quilting site this morning and saw this barn quilt. It's such a beauty.

She is truly artistic with her quilting.

Here is a link that might be useful: barn quilt

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Barn quilt

WOW!!! Do you think she quilted this freehand? Her ruler work is gorgeous and so precise. Love the little quilted rooster and chicken.
Thanks!

o

She uses a hand-guided Millennium. I sure she uses some of the quilting rulers available to keep her curves precise - you guide the hopping foot around the edge of the ruler.

Did you see Charlotte and her web in the barn door?

o

It is gorgeous! She really is very talented. I don't see any barn quilts in our area but I have around the Atlanta area, closer to the mountains.
Rosa

o

I'm in awe. Thanks for posting this!
Love the little detail like the chickens and the web, but really amazed by the consistently beautiful background. Those sky swirls... wow.

Kate

o

Truely amazing...love the windmill. Thanks for sharing...
V.

o

Thanks for sharing this. It's amazing...I love all the barn pix and decorations, and the fill quilting is amazing. Don't know anything about rules, but I'm guessing they only work on long arm machines?

o

That is amazing. While on a trip to Ky a few years ago a friend took me around to all the quilt barns in the area, what a fun filled day :-)

Vicky

o

WOW! What a quilt! Outstanding work!

THX for posting...
Gwen

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here