Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
First mini

Posted by grammyp (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 19, 11 at 10:55

While making Sharon's B'day block, I ended up with a bunch of small HSTs and decided, why not. So I put them together, added a few extras, and made my first mini quilt. It is 11 inches square, I guess that still qualifies as a mini. I'll send it along with the b'day block. Hope this doesn't spoil the surprise, but I wanted to share.

Photobucket

beverly

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: First mini

Oh, that's pretty!

o

Very nice, Beverly! Are you hooked now? :)

Donna

o

I love it, pefect for a small table or a small wall hanging!
Rosa

o

"Love it!" says she who doesn't really like the tee-tiny pieces needed for miniature quilts.

o

Yes, you blew the surprise. But, who cares. It's just so darn cute.

o

(jumping up and down, squealing......) I love it, I love it, I love it!!!! Thank you!

Sharon

o

Yup, I think I may be hooked now. One thing I will do different, next time I will sew it on my featherweight with the single needle opening. The small seams will be easier to manage.

Enjoy Sharon, it will go in the mail next week.

beverly

o

Wow, that is really pretty. I love it! Those have to be really small pieces, don't know if my fat hands could work on anything that small. Sure would love to try though.

o

By being "First" I expect to see more! Great job. Good use of "left overs". Sharon has to be a "good" friend to deserve such a work of art.
I feel like those blocks in Dear Jane and SBQ qualify for mini but not as creative as yours. TFS

o

Shoot! Makes me want to make myself a BD block just so I can get the little HSTs!

Jayne, Since Beverly and I have been through a lot of laughter and gut wrenching tears, I think that qualifies us to be 'good' friends. @:)

SharonG/FL

o
REF: First mini

Sharon, I can send some small pieces if that is all you need.

Yup, Sharon is my Dear, Dear, friend.

beverly

o

I think I knew that.lol. I am looking forward to seeing more of these treasures.

o

That is adorable.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here