Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ritaweeda

Quilter's Dream Batting

ritaweeda
11 years ago

I went to the LQS to look for batting, didn't want to spend gas to go 20 miles to Joann's. I'm sure what I bought was more expensive, but I bought the Quilter's Dream cotton/poly blend. Well, when I took that out of the package I was amazed at the obvious quality as opposed to what I've bought previously. It was even, no wrinkles, and handled beautifully making the quilt sandwich. I haven't started quilting on it yet, I'm still trying to decide on the quilting pattern to use on this bordered diamonds quilt, but it's ready to go. I don't often tout a certain product but so far I am very impressed.

Comments (8)

• K8Orlando
    11 years ago

I started using it about a year ago and for most projects won't go back to Warm & Natural. I really like using the QD and I think you'll like quilting on it. The quilt pattern shows up beautifully!

Kate

• magothyrivergirl
    11 years ago

I like QDream batting. I have also used a small amt of the wool. I have a large King size almost ready to quilt using the wool QD. The wool feels heavenly.

• teresa_nc7
    11 years ago

I love Quilter's Dream, but unfortunately it is not sold at Hobby Lobby where I can get Warm/White & Natural.

BTW, has anyone tried the bamboo batting? Opinions? Sorry if this question has already been answered.

Teresa

• mary_c_gw
    11 years ago

I'm a huge fan of Quilter's Dream batting - the blend, the Dream Puff poly, and the 100% cotton. I have not tried the bamboo or the wool from them yet.

They all handle so much better than Warm and Natural!

QD is like laying out a thin blanket, and it doesn't tear when handling.

My LQS does carry a limited number of sizes, but I generally order them from Hancock's of Paducah.

• calliope
    11 years ago

Theresa, I am about finished hand-quilting a queen size, using bamboo batting. I love the way it needled, quite easy, but the quilt has the 'feel' and heft of a light-weight 100% cotton. I'd use it again. Caveat is I haven't washed it yet. I bought a bamboo knit sweater a couple years ago, and it was so soft to the touch, loved it until I washed it a few times, and it would have fit dumbo the elephant..........just kept stretching in all directions. I suppose there is no way a quilt batting will stretch, but it makes me want to wait to see what DOES happen to it after the first laundering. LOL.

• nanajayne
    11 years ago

I like QD and use it often. The star quilt I made for ME I used QD wool and hand quilted it. It was wonderful to quilt through. I also used QD supreme on SBQ which I hand quilted. That worked well also. I have always used Hobbs until a little while ago when I started having issues with the way they roll it too tight and it didn't lay well. I also used Jo-annes 80-20 for some of the sm. quilts I am making and eventhough it isn't the quality that QD is I find it acceptable for machine quilting and is less expensive with the coupons.

• littlehelen_gw
    11 years ago

Good information to know...I've not seen it at our local quilt shop, do you order QD mostly on-line?
    V.

• tuppermom
    11 years ago

I have used Bamboo batting a few times and love it. It needles (hand or machine) beautifully and I love the drape. The first time I used it was for a comfort quilt for my B-I-L when he had cancer. It was washed often and looks great.