Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lots of Eye (Quilt) Candy

Posted by magothyrivergirl (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 10, 12 at 10:20

I love the clean lines and refreshing looks of these quilts.

Scroll down and spend some time clicking on the links-there is something for everyone.

You can't help but admire the inspiration and 'out of the box' forward thinking of these designers. You can clink on the links and go to their blogs to read about the quilt shown.

I hope you enjoy!

Here is a link that might be useful: The Modern Quilt Guild

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lots of Eye (Quilt) Candy

I really like the quilts with the concentric circles quilting, I might try that with this mini I'm working on.

o

Those are wonderful quilts - and so ME. To see all those in one spot is exciting.

I'm off to Berkeley to shop - and it's all your fault, Marsha!

o

Thanks, Marsha. I've been on the site before, but I never spent enough time at it. Those are some great quilts. I'm still working on gathering enough Marimekko for a king quilt. The extra pieces my friend gave me added new colors and patterns, but I'm still a little short.

o

Thanks for the link. Too bad I have no self control. I've been looking at it for way too long now and need to get up and QUILT!

o

I finally found the time to really explore this site today. I am drawn to these clean, spare modern quilts in interesting colors! Amazed by their creativity. There's one quilt with traditional blocks on the top 2/3rd but towards the bottom the blocks start to 'fall away' from the rest and then there are little bits of color - like individual block pieces are laying there... awesome! clever! I wish I had thought of it! It isn't the prettiest quilt on the site but it's so creative.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here