Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Finished Mini

Posted by ritaweeda (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 23, 12 at 10:11

Here is the Lone Star mini I just finished. Hand-pieced, hand-quilted, hand-bound. I'm using it as a table-topper for now.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Finished Mini

That is just lovely! Love the batik!

o

It's lovely! Well done on the hand work!
V.

o

Love it, Rita! Great colors. You did a great job!

Donna

o

A lone star mini! Wow! What a great choice!

o

That's lovely. I love your colors. Good job.

o

It's very pretty, Rita. I am so in awe of all the hand work. And I think your choice of colors and fabrics was great. It looks cold and sparkly to me - like a Christmas star. I love it. Lois

o

I agree it's gorgeous!!!
Rosa

o

Gorgeous!Gorgeous!

Do I get it if I name it??????.....LOL.....just kidding!

How little is it?

Your stitches look perfect.

o

It's beautiful, Rita.

SharonG/FL-IN

o

That is so pretty Rita - I just bookmarked it. Love the block and the quilting of it! TFS!

Best to you,
Sandra

o

Thanks, all. It's 21 inches square. I read somewhere online that a mini is considered a mini up to 24 inches, so it's "legal".
I dragged out the "Evil One" today. I'm working on getting all the rows done, then the hard part is sewing the rows together - it's hard to explain unless you see it. I've never done one where you have the rows running diagonal with the triangles on the sides and that's why I shoved it aside way back in disgust. Lining up those rows is so hard with the diagonal lines for me, my brain doesn't want to deal with it.

o

I hope you frame it or hang it It is lovely

o

Really pretty. I like the batik/new with pattern/old joined for a whole new mini look.

o

Very pretty!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here