Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Picture

Posted by benken (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 10, 11 at 9:56

I decided it was high time I learned to post pictures on here and thanks to the good instructions on Casi's post--I think I can, I think I can......

This is a quilt I finished last month for Wrapped in Hope. They send birthday quilts to children who have a parent in jail...as a gift from that parent. This little girl wanted a pink princess quilt. It's been more than a few years since I've made one this "girly" so it was fun! (It looks like this is going to work, but maybe I still need lessons on how to resize it?) Linda

Wrapped in hope / July 2011

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Picture

You will make that little girl very happy! My dd is a princess fan and she would love this!! Great job (on the quilt and posting the picture).

Robbi

o

Very nice!

If you have photo software on your computer, you download the image from your camera to the computer, then go into the software under "tools" to resize the image. Garden Web prefers size 850 pixels, but I have had mine as large as 950 or 1000 and they accepted it. You need to "save as" and give the image a name before uploading it you your PhotoBucket account. PhotoBucket may have a resizing capability on their site, I don't know if they do. I just always save mine under a name I will recognize on my computer before I upload to PictureTrail.

Teresa

o

Good job - on the quilt and on your posting. Some little girl will love this one.

o

What a girly quilt! She will love it!

Donna

o

Oh, what a sweet, girly quilt! Some little girl is going to be delighted.
TFS.

~Geraldine

o

Very girly! Very generous of you to make it for that little girl. I'm sure she has a difficult little life, and this will be a comforting birthday gift.

o

Very nice. I like the way you did the narrow border and binding. Makes the rest stand out well. What a nice idea to make some little child happy. You should be proud. TFS

o

Very sweet quilt for a lucky girl.

o

What a sweet gift! I hope it makes a sad day for a child a happy and comforting one.

o

Linda, the quilt is wonderful! A little girl will love it.
Linda OH

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here