Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dawn Batik

Posted by k8orlando (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 16, 14 at 9:48

Finally got the chance to take a picture of the dawn colored batik that I recently finished. If you've seen it in other posts you know I made this top at Retreat last year. I recently took it to a longarmer to get it finished so I could send it to my goddaughter who just got engaged. I was going to mail it but DH Jim will be working in that area in a couple weeks so he'll take it with him and present it to the happy couple in person.

I'm really happy with it and think I'll make something similar using another jelly roll and layer cake in wine & mulberry-colored batiks.

photo photo3_zps8a9e58fb.jpg

photo photo2_zps706ba561.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dawn Batik

Nice to see it finished! Great job.

o

It's really lovely, I'm sure the couple will treasure it!

o

It's wonderful. I love the gentle feel.
LindaB/CA

o

I think that turned out great! I think the quilting really adds movement to the soft looking colors.

o

It's a really beautiful quilt, Kate. You did a wonderful job on it. And Jennifer is right - the quilting almost makes it look like it's pulsing, or pulsating... whichever (or maybe both).

o

I do remember that from the retreat. Love the colors. It turned out beautiful :-)

Robbi

o

I do remember that from the retreat. Love the colors. It turned out beautiful :-)

Robbi

o

What a gorgeous quilt! A true work of art!!!

o

Pretty! The quilting really set off the softness and understated colors. I always marvel at the transformation after the quilting.
She will love it!

o

Kate, I love the sense of serenity this gives me. Awesome quilt!

SharonG/FL

o

you know......this is probably one of the most beautiful quilts I think I've ever seen..... Really. it's every part, color, movement, shading...Panacea!!

o

That is so pretty. I love your colors. Good job.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here