Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Basket Lattice - Bali Pop friendly @:)

Posted by geezerfolks (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 3, 11 at 9:19

This is sooooo neat! Jelly Roll friendly....check out the Basket Lattice Quilt listed in the classes!

Think you wanna try it?

Pattern Instructions

SharonG/FL

Here is a link that might be useful: Basket Lattice Quilt Picture

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Basket Lattice - Bali Pop friendly @:)

Yes! I have Bali Pops that would be perfect - but won't those pesky partial seams slow down the process?
I love that look, but want quick.
(I made a block from Quilterscasche that was similar - I need to look it up and compare).
Thanks

o

I'm not sure I understand it yet but think it's worth a try. Fun quilt. Thanks Sharon.

o

Yes, I'm sure those pesky partial seams would slow down the process!!! I was hoping for something quick, too. I think the original pattern called for 2 1/2" strips.

You'll get it, Linda! lol

o

Love it! Wonder how it would look made with carefully placed colors and 9 patch? I really hate partial seams, but may give it a try anyway.

beverly

o

Thank you Sharon!

o

Love the colorful quilt, but I have a binding to put on and I am not a good hand stitching type.

Its hot here...as everywhere.

Gwen

o

I like the quilt. Looks easy and scrappy but I have not been able to open the instructions. TFS. I will keep trying

o

So would you adjust to 2.5" x 6.5" rectangles? I have novelty strips that'd be perfect, but don't now if I'd get the hang of partial seams.

o

I love the bright look of this quilt and will certainly keep the pattern for future use, but have too many other UFO's to finish at the moment to start this one.

Partial seams are not a worry. I've used this method on other projects and it just holds pieces in place till you can finish the unit, then go back to finish the original seam. No problem.

Kristene

o

I wish the strips I have were 3" wide. This would be a great project for them. But I printed the instructions for a future project. Thanks for finding it for us!

Robbi

o

I'm having trouble wrapping my thoughts around this one. Course, I sewed 8 blocks in backwards today, too! Not a good day in that respect..... @:(

SharonG/FL

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here