Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
magothyrivergirl

QofTD 8/15/11 I wish my machine......

magothyrivergirl
12 years ago

What feature / accessory do you you wish you had on your machine?

I'm grateful for the machine(s) I have, but the feature, I really would like on the machine I use for piecing is a knee lift (to raise the pressure foot). The light is horrible too, but I can fix that - but the knee lift, or a way to raise the pressure foot hands free is what I wish it had.

I wish my machine had (fill in the blank).

Comments (18)

• K8Orlando
    12 years ago

I wish my machine had... a stitch regulator!!! I love free motion quilting but I'm not terribly good at it and my biggest problem is consistent size of stitches. They don't make a stitch regulator for my elder machine, but if they did that would be my first choice.

Kate

• K8Orlando
    12 years ago

If I can't have a stitch regulator, then an "Undo" button would be my second choice! Just think of the ripper time it would save.

Kate

• jennifer_in_va
    12 years ago

I wish my (quilting) machine had a larger throat!

Just did a full-sized quilt and it was getting tough at the end...and that wasn't even a pantograph let alone a custom design.

• Robbi D.
    12 years ago

magothyrivergirl, I have a knee lift and have never used it (never had one to use before!), so I might have to try it just to see if I like it!

I'm with jennifer, a larger throat would be nice.

And, IF (that is a big IF), I wasn't working, I would love to embroider for a job, but I'd like to have a big 10 thread machine to do it.

• cannahavana
    12 years ago

A larger throat and all metal on the inside.

Kate, I'll take that undo feature too!

Rebecca

• ritaweeda
    12 years ago

LOVE the undo button! All the above - especially the stitch regulator and larger throat. But the one minor feature I wish mine had is the push-button thread cutter.

• msmeow
    12 years ago

I wish my machine would embroider without being constantly watched! I often see one in JoAnn's sewing away with no one near it. I would like to be able to sew on Baby Brother while Big Brother is embroidering, but if I turn my attention away for a bit it breaks the thread or the needle, or something else seems to happen. Maybe I'm just too paranoid and it's rubbing off on it.

Donna

• polardream
    12 years ago

Love, love, love the undo button idea!

I would love a longer throat and for my machine to lose some weight! It's about 20 pounds (Pfaff) and well built but she weighs a ton!

Sue

• grammyp
    12 years ago

I was going to say a self cleaning feature for the lint, but now that I see the "undo" button, I may change my mind.

beverly

• magothyrivergirl
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Undo button - love it - want it!

• fran1523
    12 years ago

I'd like a push button thread cutter and a bobbin that never runs out of thread.

• cannahavana
    12 years ago

Oh yes, a thread cutter button. Would love to have that too!

A self cleaning feature could be nice. Every time the machine stopped, you would hear a vacuum noise and have a collection cup that you would empty when you were done sewing for the day.

Rebecca

• nanajayne
    12 years ago

My quilting machine has lots of great features (no undo thought) but I would like a serger that has "flat-lock" capabilities.
    I have the knee lift on both my Janome and BabyLock. Don't use it with the BL but always did with the Janome. The BL has the "pivit" feature which auto lifts for turning which I love.

• toolgranny
    12 years ago

I guess I want all of the above. I have a knee lift and cutter but a bigger throat and an undo-button would be my dream.

• murphy_zone7
    12 years ago

I definitely vote for the fabulous undo button. My Janome 6600 has almost all the bells and whistles, but not an undo button.
    Now if I could access the "innerds" to do a proper cleaning and save myself some money on annual cleanings......

• rosajoe_gw
    12 years ago

That's so funny Donna!!! I saw my embroidery machine gets mad and pouts when I walk away lol!!!!
    Robbi I love my brother embroidery, but the changing threads can get really annoying. Especially when you use the same color as before, but another color has to be stitched down first. I enjoy color work on quilts the most.
    Love my Janome older model,BUT, would also love the auto thread cutter and a larger throat.
    My auto threader broke the first month and I really would not care for that option again.
    Rosa

• barbara_l
    12 years ago

I want all of the above!
    The undo button is the best idea!

• teresa_nc7
    12 years ago

Wish my lovely Viking, Inga, had a bigger throat AND I wish she could hitchhike herself over to Greensboro for a tune-up. I'd even spring for lunch and check her into a day spa if she'd just get herself over there instead of me having to take her!

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz