Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19692457

GrammyP--Galaxy Stars

User
13 years ago

I have an entire, luxurious day to sew and I'm going to finish your birthday block (and my grandson's I Spy quilt and a few other projects). For your colors, do you prefer brights, primitives, pastels, something else?

I have a soft spot in my heart for pinwheels and I'm looking forward to your choice.

Dianne

Comments (24)

• grammyp
    13 years ago

Sorry to be so late responding, but we are on vacation at Mackinac Island, MI. Don't get to check in a lot, too much time walking around.

I love rich jewel tones and brights if that helps. Please use what you have on hand, I'm sure it will play well.

beverly

• polardream
    13 years ago

Beverly,
    I put your block in the mail today - I think I guessed right on colors even before Diane asked! Lucky me!!!
    I hope you enjoy it.
    Sue/polardream

• itsmesuzq
    13 years ago

Beverly,
    I sent your block yesterday. I hope you like and I hope you have a wonderful birthday!

Susan

• grammyp
    13 years ago

Here are the Birthday Blocks I have received so far:

Dianne

I'll post a picture when they all get here.

beverly

• lockeb
    13 years ago

Beverly,
    I hope to get some sewing in this weekend - you block may still make it on time - or a couple of days late..... :-).....been away from the machien for a couple of weeks....but hoping to be back at it this weekend!
    Bill

• grammyp
    13 years ago

Dianne
    polardream
    itsmesuzq

They are all beautiful and different. I think they will look just like I had envisioned. I'll post a picture when they all get here.

beverly

• grammyp
    13 years ago

Bill, that is fine. I certainly understand. I'm still working on yours, too. My machine decided to eat thread for some reason and is in for a physical. The mid-arm came back with some broken pieces, so waiting to get it going again. Must be payback for not using them for so long. I'm in withdrawal.

beverly

• bozogardener
    13 years ago

Hi Beverly,

I have mailed your block this morning. I hope it gets there in time for your birthday!

Tamie

• love2sew
    13 years ago

I am sorry your block is going to be a few days late. I am regaining my sewing room back today after a week of painting.
    Jeane

• grammyp
    13 years ago

Not a problem, I completely understand.

beverly

• cindykg23
    13 years ago

Put your block in the mail yesterday -- if the PO is good (& I know sometimes they are) you will get it on THE day -- if they aren't (& someimes they aren't!) it will be late. Sorry I'm messing w/fate here, but life got in the way this time.

• grammyp
    13 years ago

Dianne
    polardream
    itsmesuzq
    bozogardner
    gininmn

They are all beautiful and different. I think they will look just like I had envisioned. Some even have fabric that I have in my stash. Great minds and all that. I'll post a picture when they all get here.

beverly

• sandlapper_rose
    13 years ago

Happy Birthday to you.
    Happy Birthday to you.
    Happy Birthday, dear Beverly.
    Happy Birthday to you!

I hope that you have a wonderful birthday. In honor of it being your birthday, you can be Quilting Queen for a Day!

(Keep posting as those blocks arrive. Maybe lots will come in today's mail and we want to make sure you get all of them.)

Jeanne

• grammyp
    13 years ago

Thank you so very much. I will use my position to promote the love of quilting to everyone in the kingdom.

DH and the grands are baking my birthday cake tonight for the surprise party which will be tomorrow. DD has to work tonight, so we will picnic tomorrow. Can't wait to see the cake.

Dianne
    polardream
    itsmesuzq
    bozogardner
    gininmn
    patti69

Thanks everyone.

beverly

• magothyrivergirl
    13 years ago

Happy Birthday Beverly! Act surprised ~LOL

• love2sew
    13 years ago

Looks like you can celebrate more than once so Happy Birthday and enjoy your celebrations.
    Jeane

• grammyp
    13 years ago

Dianne
    polardream
    itsmesuzq
    bozogardner
    gininmn
    patti69
    QuiltPartner

Thanks everyone.

beverly

• mnquilter
    13 years ago

Hi GrammyP (Beverly),
    I should have time to work on your birthday block this weekend, will be late but should still be to you within 10 days. Happy Birthday! Dawn

• grammyp
    13 years ago

Not a problem, I'll get to celebrate longer.

beverly

• lockeb
    13 years ago

Beverly,
    Your block is on the way - together with the block also from the 2010 Piecemakers...I hope you enjoy them.....
    Bill

• love2sew
    13 years ago

Did you received my block yet? I sure hope it has arrived.
    Jeane

• love2sew
    13 years ago

Have you received my block? I mailed it on Sept. 7th so it certainly should be there by now. If you don't get it by Monday, I will send you another one. I have never had one get lost so hope it shoes up.

• grammyp
    13 years ago

Here is an updated list of my received blocks

Polardream
    Diane57
    Bozogardner
    Love2Sew
    QuiltPartner
    Lockeb
    Patti60
    ItsMeSuzQ

Thanks so much every one, they are all lovely and will look great. I'll post pictures when I get the last ones.

beverly

• grammyp
    13 years ago

Here is an updated list of my received blocks

Polardream
    Diane57
    Bozogardner
    Love2Sew
    QuiltPartner
    Lockeb
    Patti60
    ItsMeSuzQ
    Vicki4x4

Thanks so much every one, they are all lovely and will look great. I'll post pictures when I get the last ones.

beverly