Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tinyteena

Piece of Cake - Sept 23rd - Kay (kay_in_pa)

Kristene Smith
12 years ago

This is the thread where you can let Kay know that her Piece of Cake blocks have been sent, and Kay can let you know when she receives them.

Kristene

Comments (31)

• K8Orlando
    12 years ago

Kay already has mine. I'm the early bird this time!

K8 (not L8!)

• polardream
    12 years ago

Kay,
    Your birthday block went in the mail today after work. It should arrive plenty early.

Happy Birthday!
    Sue

• Kristene Smith
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Bumping back to page 1

Kristene

• User
    12 years ago

Package received, Sue.

Thank you! I'll be waiting to open them all on my birthday!

Kay

• teresa_nc7
    12 years ago

Your BB is going in the mail today, Kay!

Teresa

• patti60
    12 years ago

mine is also in the mail as of today. it's early for me.

• User
    12 years ago

Pat, got yours today, Thanks!

Kay

• User
    12 years ago

Teresa, yours arrived, too. DH had put a stack of mail from Saturday in a corner I hadn't noticed!

Kay

• nanajayne
    12 years ago

Kay, you BD block is in the mail. Have a happy day.

• magothyrivergirl
    12 years ago

Kay - I mailed your block today. Hope you have a wonderful Birthday and enjoy your blocks.

• User
    12 years ago

Jayne,
    Your block arrived yesterday. Many thanks!
    Kay

• User
    12 years ago

Got the package today, Marsha. Thanks.
    I can't wait until my birthday to open them all!

Kay

• sandlapper_rose
    12 years ago

I realized I posted on one thread and not the other, but anyway, both of your blocks - from this group and the other - are on their way to you.
    Jeanne

• Michelle Reynolds
    12 years ago

hello kay
    sorry your block is late I should have it on the way tomarrow
    michelle

• macbeaner
    12 years ago

Hi Kay!

I mailed your block on Monday!

:)

• lindaoh_gw
    12 years ago

Kay, I made your block tonight and will mail it in the morning on my way to work.
    Linda OH

• dragonflyusc
    12 years ago

Hi Kay,

My husband and I are headed out of town this weekend to visit my parents, so it might be Monday before I get your block made and in the mail. My mom (Jeanne) has a new sewing machine, so maybe I'll bring my fabric and see if she'll let me play with it ;). It should be there by your birthday either way.

Andrea

• User
    12 years ago

Virginia, package arrived safely, thank you!

Looking forward to opening them on the big day!

Kay

• chickie1
    12 years ago

Kay,
    I hope to get your block in the mail by Wednesday. It maybe late but it will be on it's way soon.
    Darlene

• User
    12 years ago

Packages received from Jeanne, Michelle & Linda....
    and they're all still unopened!!!

Getting closer~ can't wait to see them.

Kay

• chickie1
    12 years ago

Hope you have a great birthday. I am putting your block in the mail today. I have been out of town looking for a mother of the bride dress. Found one! Yes!
    Happy Birthday!
    Darlene

• sandlapper_rose
    12 years ago

Happy Birthday to you.
    Happy Birthday to you.
    Happy Birthday, dear Kay.
    Happy Birthday to you!

Your friends in the Piece of Cake group hope you are having a wonderful birthday!
    Have a piece of cake for us, too.

In honor of it being your birthday, you can be our Quilter of the Day!

Jeanne

• polardream
    12 years ago

Happy happy birthday Kay! I hope you have a great time opening all of your goodies!
    Sue

• nanajayne
    12 years ago

Happy Birthday Kay. I expect you are having a wonderful day and enjoying opening all you BD blocks. Enjoy. Jayne

• lindaoh_gw
    12 years ago

Happy Birthday Kay!
    Linda OH

• magothyrivergirl
    12 years ago

Happy Birthday! Hope you are out celebrating!!!

• User
    12 years ago

Hi, Everyone, and thank you for the birthday wishes and the BEAUTIFUL blocks!

And many thanks to my secret gifter who sent TWO blocks! Wow!

Sorry it's taken me a while to come back on here. Both our computers had to be replaced, and then all our equipment (including my camera, the modem and the router also needed to be replaced and/or new drivers found for them. What a mess!!! But DH is back on the road, so now I can breathe and get caught up a bit.

Oh, and 3 weeks ago we had a new addition... a baby donkey named Zach.

The pictures are from both groups, I did write each person's name on the back, but didn't do a grid to list them as I posted.

A lot of eyebrows were raised, I think, over the colors in this block, but you should have seen my husband fondling them when they were opened. They're EXACTLY what I had in mind for a "non-girly" room!

Again, thanks so much for the cards, gifts and well wishes, they mean a lot!

Kay

Here is a link that might be useful: Birthday Blocks

• nanajayne
    12 years ago

I agree that they look just right for that bed. Unusual color combination but it works. You had good forsite in your choice. TFS

• User
    12 years ago

I'm so sorry, I neglected to mention in my last post that I did receive ALL of my blocks!

Thank you Jeanne, Andrea, Darlene, Linda & Miohelle. All of the blocks are just what I had in mind as to color and I truly appreciate your taking the time to make and send them. I know it wasn't easy finding the grays, especially.

Again thanks all for a terrific birthday block month!

Kay

• K8Orlando
    12 years ago

I was very curious about the blocks, but they are beautiful! I love the grays and browns together! Excellent choice!!!

Kate

• magothyrivergirl
    12 years ago

kay- I loved this color combination! Those 2 colors just happen to be colors I have in my meager stash, so it was easy for me for a change~lol. They look perfect with the bed!