Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sharon's Quilt

Posted by grammyp (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 18, 14 at 0:39

Sharon has safely returned home and checked out the top she sent me to quilt.
My grands were holding it and didn't want in the pictures, so they are a bit wonky. Sharon's husband sent a sketch of Darrin's motorcycle so I could put it on the quilt. I traced it onto the top and bottom wide sashing and quilted flames around between them. I used a different flame in the narrow sashing and a freehand loop on the rest of it.

Photo bucket is being troublesome tonight, so I may have to make more than one thread, sorry.

beverly

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sharon's Quilt

That is just lovely. Good work by both Sharon and Beverly.
Theresa

o

Here it is finally completed. Another UFO is DONE!!!! I'm sure you're all excited (and tired of hearing me talk about it) that this is THE END of this project. After all, it's only been since 2011!!!! It will go to my son-in-law for his 49th birthday. I usually make them for their 50th but have another one to make for next year so he's getting his early.

I'm so very happy with Beverly's expertise!!! She's a gem, that's for sure!

SharonG/FL

o

Congrats on finishing it. It's a beautiful quilt.

Best to you,
Sandra

o

Oh...that is just lovely!

o

You are welcome my friend.

beverly

o

Sharon and Beverly, what a beautiful quilt. And how clever to quilt his motorcycle into the border. I'm sure this will soften the blow of being ever closer to 50.

o

That quilt is on my list (where ever that list went!). Love it!!

Robbi

o

Beautiful, he will love it, I know I do!!!!

o

You 3 are such a good team! Lovely quilt - I remember Sharon making it -- and your quilting is perfect!

Sharon - so happy you are home safe and sound!

o

I think Beverly's Tim weighed in on this, too, as he has on a few other quilts that Beverly has quilted for me. He always has good input.....at least the one's she has told me about. :-)

Robbi, Gather a bunch of light, med and dark blues (or any color) plus scraps of muslin shades of fabric and go for it!

Marsha, I'm sooooo glad to be home and at my own machine. I think there might be lip prints all over it.

Thanks for all the compliments everyone. I enjoyed making this one......it was fun. Now on to a new to me pattern.......Growing Up Odd........still using scraps.

SharonG/FL

Here is a link that might be useful: Growing Up Odd Quilt

o

Yup, Tim helped me out on this one, too. He would make a good quilter. Sharon, I like that one. I have a box full of squares, may have to make this one.

beverly

o

Beautiful!
LindaB/CA

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here