Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Major WOOT!

Posted by teresa_nc7 (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 5, 12 at 0:24

I successfully re-threaded my serger tonight! WooT! It's been years since I had to do this and I wasn't sure I could get it right....but I did! WooT WooT! I was sooooo happy!

Teresa (doin' the serger shuffle off to bed)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Major WOOT!

Way to go Teresa! I haven't threaded mine for years but I don't think I am as intimidated by it now as I was when I first bought it in 1988.
Linda OH

o

Thank goodness for the threading diagram with different colors for each thread path on mine~I have to remember to flip open a little door to follow it ~lol~
Instinctively, sewers are able to thread sewing machines....but a serger is a beast to thread.

What'cha making Teresa?

o

Good for you! I don't have one so they look like a complete mystery to me. A real challenge and lots of spots to go wrong!

o

When I first got my Brother serger, my friend made me sit down and re-thread several times so I would be more comfortable with it. It's nice to know I can still do it.

I'm making 3 smocks for a custom Etsy order - they're for a kindergarten teacher. I'm pleased with how they are turning out. The serger use on some of the seams will help to keep the fraying at bay.

Teresa

o

Teresa...I'd love to see a pic of the smocks w/ the sergering when you wrap up...or can I find your work on Etsy?
V.

o

Here is a pic of one of the smocks I'm making for my customer.

o

Teresa, I don't think I'd ever be able to give up that much control over what I'm sewing, so kudoes to you for even using a serger! And you're even threading the darn thing? Woot, woot indeed!

Dan

o

Lucky teacher. Looks great! Never tried to thread a serger. Used one a couple of times, but it scared me that it cuts...means no turning back!

o

Teresa - I bow down to you! Mine came unthreaded and has been sitting for a couple years. I really needed it for something - can't remember now what it was (guess I didn't need it that badly!) and still can't figure it out with the book. I even went into JoAnns where they sell them, and they had NO IDEA how to thread it! Maybe will give it a try again ...

Sue

o

Nice smock Teresa. Looks like something a kindergartner Teacher would wear. I like the loop detail at the yoke.
You were wise to serge the seams, as I'm sure it will be laundered often.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here