Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lindaoh_gw

Are you quilting this weekend? July 28-29

lindaoh_gw
11 years ago

My DD is visiting this weekend and we went to a One Stop Shop Hop in Kokomo, IN on Saturday. There were 29 shops represented at the shop hop and lots of prizes. You received a ticket for each shop where you bought something. For the door prize, you had to find a block at each shop and fill in a number on the entry form. We had a very enjoyable day and plan to go back next year.

Are you quilting this weekend?

Linda OH

Comments (6)

• quiltnhen
    11 years ago

Started shopping for my new machine. Now I'm really confused. Think I'll sew tomorrow. That hop sounds like a lot of fun and saves the gas of the other kind. Saw some nice Christmas fabric today, but can't get into the mood yet.

• loisflan
    11 years ago

Just got my main machine back from its first year tune-up on Friday. In its absence, and not wanting to do machine applique or free motion quilting on my Jem (for the two projects I was already working on), I started cutting and piecing strips for my Beach Glass quilt. I cut 252 13" strips of varying widths and twelve different colors. Then I sewed them into pairs and cut them into 6.5" pieces. The pattern called for the seams to be pressed open. What a pain that is! It's so much more time-consuming than pressing them to one side. Tomorrow I get to go back to my Blushing Aspens table runner and my Sunshine Pineapple quilt. My husband is playing in a golf tournament, so things will be quiet around here.

While I've been cutting and piecing, I've been watching the BBC series Downton Abbey on Netflix. Since this is my third time through, I don't have to pay much attention to it, but it keeps me company.

• calliope
    11 years ago

Yes.......been scattered for a couple days and just can't focus, so haven't worked seriously. My flying geese baby quilt is laundered as of today and ready to box up. Experimenting with the one seam flying geese and had a stack of plaids and some homespun, so started another flying geese quilt in that. I haven't decided if I want to make a daybed sized one, but think I am headed in that direction. I'm sort of liking the soft, soft fabric and the warm brown/tan tones and may end up keeping this one, and backing it in flannel. No particular hurry. Twenty of the thirty six blocks done, so I'm getting into the meat of it.

• quiltingfox
    11 years ago

Saturday I crocheted some on my son's Ripple afgan; trying to get it done by Christmas. This afternoon I am going to do some hand-quilting on my Grandma's quilt. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

Best to you,
    Sandra

• tuppermom
    11 years ago

Saturday I was busy making sure the batting and backing were the correct size because I went to my friend's house to quilt the huge Mossy Radiation quilt today. Never believe the size printed on the package of batting. It said 90X108" and this quilt top was 88X102". Length was good but needed more in the width....crap! I dug through the bin of scrap batting and found a piece that would work and in the meantime threw the queen size batting in the dryer with a wet towel. I made a strip to add on, cut the fusible interfacing pieces to attach it and when I took the batting out of the dryer measured to make sure I was adding the strip to the correct side. The batting actually measured 95X108"......it was wide enough afterall! Now I have to sew the almost 400" of binding on!

• K8Orlando
    11 years ago

I've spent most of the day watching the Olympics but while I was doing that I cut the squares for a couple lap quilts. Thinking about taking the day off tomorrow so I can start sewing on them and doing the other stuff I didn't get to this weekend! 2 days just weren't enough!

Kate