Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lindaoh_gw

Are you quilting this weekend? July 11-13

lindaoh_gw
9 years ago

No sewing for me this weekend. We are closing on our new house on Friday and then some cleaning before we start moving in. I brought my little machine I take to classes and some pre-cuts so I can start decluttering my old sewing room. The kids are going back with us to help with packing and bring the first truck down next weekend.
This week we sold all our pool equipment. I put it on a facebook page for Buy, Sell, Trade in our county. The first person to respond took all of it.
A young couple from a nearby town bought it. We then learned that he works with my brother. Small world!
Are you sewing or quilting this weekend?
Linda OH

Comments (21)

• polardream
    9 years ago

It sounds like you will be busy, Linda!

No sewing for me either, we are taking the RV and getting away for the weekend. It will be our first trip out in it this summer so just about 60 miles up the Poudre Canyon for us to make sure the repair to the water heater is good and everything is working okay. I did manage to finish sandwiching a quilt this evening (between loading) and get 3 of the squares quilted. The rest will wait until next week.

Happy weekend!
    Sue

• msmeow
    9 years ago

As far as I know we don't have any plans, so I plan to be sewing! I will finish the Christmas mosaic top I started last week, then see what else strikes my fancy. :-)

Donna

• quiltingfox
    9 years ago

Linda glad to hear you will have help packing and moving, hope it all goes smoothly for you. Sue hope you have a good RV trip. I am working on my parents' Card Tricks quilt this weekend - have finished row 8 on their quilt and have started rows 9 & 10. Hope everyone enjoys their weekend!

Best to you and yours,
    Sandra

• jennifer_in_va
    9 years ago

I have pulled out Mom's quilt again. I need to re-attach the drape/border and the backing for that too. Then I can quilt the borders.

Not what I find 'fun', but I must get this out of here!

I did sandwich another mini quilt and am contemplating quilting designs. Now have 5 quilts pinned and awaiting quilting.

• lindaoh_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Well, we are now the owners of a new home! We closed on it this morning then spent the afternoon cleaning. We want to do more tomorrow and then head back home on Sunday to pack.
    I hope our old house sells soon!
    Linda OH

• quiltnhen
    9 years ago

Congrats. Hope thinks work out quickly for your sale. What a wonderful feeling to be in your new place. A bit like starting a new life. Enjoy!
    LindaB/CA

• msmeow
    9 years ago

Congratulations, Linda! Enjoy setting up your new home!

Donna

• littlehelen_gw
    9 years ago

Congratulations Linda....what fun to move into a new home! All the best.

I need to sandwich my nieces quilt...but also need to take care of some household chores.....decisions ... decisions ...sew or chores..sew or chores...

I wonder which one will win out ;-)

V.

• ritaweeda
    9 years ago

Linda, so glad you've gotten half the battle won. Good luck with the sale of your house.
    Not much for me in sewing, Grandkids are coming.

• jackier123
    9 years ago

I finally finished quilting the Irish Chain that has been on the frame for a month or more! YAY I got it trimmed. Now just have to bind...which I hate to do. LOL I have also been ironing open a gazillion half square triangles. I am kitting up a quilt or two to bring to retreat this year and went ahead and sewed the half square triangles. I have cut everything but 350 scrappy red 2 inch squares for one quilt. I will start them tomorrow.

• loisflan
    9 years ago

No quilting this weekend; we're in Ketchikan, Alaska, fishing. The weather, which has been cool and rainy since early June, is fantastic. Sunny and 70's. We've gone fishing twice, and we took a float plane trip up to Misty Fiords National Park where the scenery is spectacular. More fishing tomorrow, but I hope to get to the quilt ship early next week.

Glad everything went well on your closing, Linda. Good luck in your new home.

• toolgranny
    9 years ago

I'm finishing up an applique quilt, the kind where each block is done separately and then all fitted together. I have only one left and will shop for the background fabric tomorrow and then finish that one. Of course, having the top together isn't the end of that but at least it can feel like an accomplishment.

I have finished another baby quilt top and hope to sandwich that one up this weekend so I can start quilting that next week.

I have a new computer with challenges so won't be posting pictures till I figure out how to download and store photos. When I master this, watch out. I'll have lots to post then!

• quiltingfox
    9 years ago

Congrats Linda! Lois your Alaskan fishing trip sounds like a lot of fun.

Best to you and yours,
    Sandra

• nannykins
    9 years ago

It is surprising how much you can get done in by working a few minutes at a time. This top pattern is called Avignon Picnic and was pretty easy to put together. The designer used only 4 colours, red, yellow, blue and green, but I had a 30's jelly roll which was calling out to me. top is finished and will join the others waiting to be sandwiched and quilted. binding will be scraps from the fabrics.
    I think I like 30's because they were the first fabrics I ever sewed on from my mother's collection.
    Theresa

• quiltnhen
    9 years ago

Pretty finish! I like the pattern and colors. Can't wait to see the quilting.
    LindaB/CA

• K8Orlando
    9 years ago

Working on the signature quilt for friend's wedding. Listening to thunder booming. Another stormy weekend.

• calliope
    9 years ago

Noooooooooooooo .............. not this weekend. I finished. F-I-N-I-S-H-E-D the puff quilt. You know how you pony up for that last big push and just 'get 'er done'? Then I altered a pair of jeans too good to pitch or cut up and then I mended a pair of silk pyjamas. So I took a breather from the sewing room this weekend. May not start the last UFO until I get motivated and it's not calling my name yet.

• quiltnhen
    9 years ago

It looks great calliope. It's really a fabric history of your stash!
    LindaB/CA

• calliope
    9 years ago

More than just stash history. There are some 1950s fabric in it, pieces of the dress I wore when I first started college at sixteen, sample swatches from a decorator, fabric passed on from a dear friend right before she died, curtains. You might have to wear sunglasses to look upon it, though. It's loud. Heavy too, and puts me in mind of the quilts back at the inlaws farm in Missouri. Made to keep you warm, looks are optional.

• quiltingfox
    9 years ago

Theresa I like your quilt top. Calliope congrats on finishing your puff quilt, it looks great. I just finished hand-quilting row #9 on my parents' Card Tricks quilt using an echo stitch, just 1 more row of blocks to hand-quilt row #10, plus the border which I have not decided how I am quilting it yet, plus the binding.

Best to you,
    Sandra

• littlehelen_gw
    9 years ago

Theresa...I like your quilt top...just love 30's fabrics. I've got a collection of 30's fabrics and have finally picked a design...can't wait to start it.

Calliope....I like your puff quilt, nice to see the finished work! Love the stories behind the fabrics...how fun!

V.