Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jennifer_in_va

HAPPINESS is....

jennifer_in_va
10 years ago

fill in the blank...

Happiness (for me) is running the quilt machine on the frame for an ENTIRE bobbin without having to stop for anything except the edge of the quilt.

What makes you happy??

Comments (20)

• msmeow
    10 years ago

Finishing cutting 71 tiny squares and rectangles for each of the 25 remaining blocks of my miniature quilt. :)

Donna

• magothyrivergirl
    10 years ago

Perfect tension every time, every stitch, every machine!

• nannykins
    10 years ago

Putting the last stitches on the binding! Whoopee, another one down.
    Theresa
    Oh yes and getting those miters looking good.

• teresa_nc7
    10 years ago

Finishing the Round Robin exchange blocks two whole months before they are due the end of September! Woo Hoo! No last minute frantic stitching for me!

Teresa

• jackier123
    10 years ago

Well as of this morning, a rotary cutter that works...

Jackie

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    10 years ago

....knowing the people on this forum and that they share their knowledge and thoughts and keep me inline (I can get carried away sometimes and can't even find the box I'm thinking outside of). :-)

SharonG/FL

• nanajayne
    10 years ago

The smile that someone gets when they know the quilt is theirs, especially if its shining on a small little face.

• day2day
    10 years ago

Have to agree with Theresa (nannykins)....putting that last stitch in makes me so happy.
    Sometimes I yell out....IT'S FINISHED!!

~Geraldine

• quiltingfox
    10 years ago

While I love hand-piecing and hand-quilting, happiness is designing a new quilt, seeing it finished, and getting to see the joy and appreciation on someone's face when I give them the quilt.

Best to you,
    Sandra

• msmeow
    10 years ago

I have another one for today - getting a stronger pair of reading glasses! Now I can actually see what I'm doing! LOL

Donna

• K8Orlando
    10 years ago

Happiness is... finally having the painting done in the sewing room!

• grammyp
    10 years ago

Having a day when nothing goes wrong or breaks down.

beverly

• littlehelen_gw
    10 years ago

Having a day off and spending it in my sewing room!
    V.

• rosajoe_gw
    10 years ago

Machine quilting a quilt with zero puckers on the back! I have enjoyed the rainy weather, I don't feel 'guilty' spending hours on my bluework when it's raining outside lol!
    Rosa

• loisflan
    10 years ago

Going to the quilt shop with my daughter (who isn't a fan of traditional quilts and up until now, hadn't found a pattern that she liked) and picking out fabric for a very modern quilted bedspread that I will make for her and her husband.

• meldy_nva
    10 years ago

You're kidding, right?! Choose just *one* thing for happy?

Finally choosing which pattern to make after hours of admiring the beautiful quilts in books, magazines, forums, and this site.... having the double-check agree after figuring out yardage needs, and then finding that I have enough fabric on hand to get started... discovering that I *did* put a new blade in after cutting the last quilt... laying out the lapquilt and seeing that yes! the colors work just right... piecing a whole top and ALL the corners meet precisely... DH helping pin the layers, and the quilt stayed squared... machine stitch-in-the-ditch that stayed in the ditch... not getting a cramp in my hand after blindstitching the binding... the recipent's expression upon seeing the finished quilt (yeah, that's better than the cherry on top of the double-chocolate fudge sundae)... and then being able to start another one.

• quiltingfox
    10 years ago

Meldy_nva you gave me a new term, what is "blindstitching"? I know I have probably heard this term before, but did not know what it meant. Thanks bunches.

Best to you,
    Sandra

• meldy_nva
    10 years ago

Sorry, I think it's more commonly written with a space: Blind stitching. That tiddly-fiddly stitch to sew the binding down... I was taught to do it 10-to-the-inch, and my arthritis gets pouty sometimes, so it can be a real pleasure to bury the last knot :)

Here is a link that might be useful: blindstitching

• calliope
    10 years ago

Walking into a fabric store, with no intention of buying more material and finding a bunch of bolt-ends marked down so low, you leave with umpteen yards.

• vacuumfreak
    10 years ago

Just stepping into the notions aisle...

Sponsored
Longhouse Architects
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Loudoun County's Prominent Architecture Firm Creating Cohesive Designs