Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jennifer_in_va

My weekend completions

jennifer_in_va
10 years ago

I have been able to get two UFOs finished this weekend (so far!).

The celtic knot was almost entirely hand stitched...I had to finish about 1/8th of it. Something I always wanted to do, and now I can move it down the to-do list.

This purple & green one is done with a Jinny Beyer border print. The block was finished just needed a LOT of starch and ironing to block it. I added the borders and got it quilted today, bound tonight.

I'm getting quite the wall of minis!

Comments (8)

• toolgranny
    10 years ago

Great job. Hope your sewing room will be back to normal soon.

How are you hanging your minis? Do you put sleeves or loops on the back?

• msmeow
    10 years ago

Very nice, Jennifer! Where did you get all those UFOs?

Donna

• day2day
    10 years ago

They look great.
    Isn't it nice to finish projects! Congrats on getting them out of that UFO pile.

If possible, I would like to see an enlarged view of the Celtic Knot. I have this on my LONG to-try list.
    TFS.

~Geraldine

• littlehelen_gw
    10 years ago

Congratulations...they look great! A wall of mini's...nothing wrong with that!
    Timing is everything....funny you have a Jenny Beyer, I just downloaded a few of her Soltice BOM's she is doing this year...I'm adding them to my project list. I know K8 has made a JB wall hanging or two, and they are gorgeous...Nice job on yours!
    V.

• jennifer_in_va
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Linda~ I usually just use thumbtacks into the wall. They work well for minis, but also for other wall hangings that aren't too big.

Donna~ Most of these UFOs have come from the same friend. She & I have the same tastes, and she'll try any new technique. But she's very particular and won't finish something that she thinks isn't perfect. [The Celtic knot is not symmetrical or completely uniform in layout. I'm not sure she was happy with the technique for the purple one.]
    I have a small Bella bella of hers (unfinished) because there is one 'cool' color and the rest are all 'warm' colors.

Valerie~ I LOVE Jinny Beyer! I have a lot of her border prints, have finished one of her kits, and have 3 more in my room to get to someday (soon)!

Geraldine~ I'll try to take a close up photo...is there a particular area you'd like to see closer? I can't give you a description of how it goes together, since I didn't do much to finish it, but I'll try.

• bev2009
    10 years ago

I really like the second one, color and design. Is the Celtic knot appliqued on a one piece block? (I'm never sure of the technique when I see photos.)

• jennifer_in_va
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Bev, the Celtic knot is made with one continuous bias strip hand appliqued to the background fabric. Not sure how it's laid down continuously and then ends joined because I didn't do that part. (That's why it's still on my To-Do list someday)

• bozogardener
    10 years ago

Geraldine, if you click on the photo, it will take you to a page where you can zoom in on the details.