Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wendyfaye

Bon

wendyfaye
11 years ago

Hi, I'm not sure if this has already been posted or not, I don't see anything, but thought I would make sure you all heard that Kathy passed away on July 8. Apparently she had another heart attack in January.

I will miss her popping in.

Faye

Comments (22)

• grammyp
    11 years ago

I had not heard, thanks for letting us know. She had several hard times over the past years. I will certainly miss her. God bless her family.

beverly

• jennifer_in_va
    11 years ago

How sad. Thanks for letting us know.

She has had a hard few years. May she be in peace now.

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    11 years ago

Faye, Thank you for letting us know. I hadn't heard anything but had thought of her.

RIP, Kathy.

SharonG/FL-IN

• polardream
    11 years ago

Faye,
    Thanks for letting us know. I know that she hadn't been well in recent times, but I enjoyed when she felt up to posting. She will be missed.
    Sue

• fran1523
    11 years ago

I hadn't heard it either. May she RIP.

• gininmn
    11 years ago

Rest in peace, Bon.

• wanda_va
    11 years ago

I'm sorry to hear this. She will be missed. RIP, Bon.

• msmeow
    11 years ago

I'm sorry to hear that! I always enjoyed her posts. Thanks, Fay.

Donna

• colleenny
    11 years ago

I am sorry to hear that. She had been battling heart problems for a long time. Colleen

• K8Orlando
    11 years ago

Thank you for telling us, Fay.

• magothyrivergirl
    11 years ago

My condolences to her family and friends.

I remembered her thoughtful post on the Our Members thread Rosa started. Clearly, the longtime members here touched her heart and made her smile.

Posted by bonica (My Page) on
    Tue, Nov 8, 11 at 13:00

I just checked my Member Page and I've been here since 2001!! I came here looking for velvet scraps for my "Sue" bonnets, a quilt I still haven't finished BTW. Came in and never left, for long. I was here for the first Bday block swap. A quilt I did finish and hangs on the quest room wall. Soooo many memories!!!!
    Home Sweet Home
    Bon
    :)

• bev2009
    11 years ago

I didn't know Kathy and her posts so I did a quick search to read a bit about her. The first post I came across is in the link. Oh my goodness, what a wonderful sense of humor. I can see she will be missed here.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bonica's humor

• loisflan
    11 years ago

Bev, that was quite the thread. The post about Southern women scrubbing the floor in the buff really made me laugh. Things have gotten a lot less rowdy in the GW quilting forum these days.

I didn't know Kathy, but my condolences go out to all of you who lost a friend and fellow quilter.

• teresa_nc7
    11 years ago

Thanks for posting this, Faye. We will miss our Bonica.

Teresa

• glassquilt
    11 years ago

So sorry to hear this. Thank you

• vasu_texas
    11 years ago

So sorry to hear this. I remember Bon when she was an active member. I have a block from her from the first bday block swap and also one from a signature swap from several years ago. We will miss here here for sure.
    Vasu

• tuppermom
    11 years ago

Thanks Faye for letting us know.

I remember a few years ago when my son wanted to order something for me from Joann.com and they wouldn't ship to a Canadian address. I mentioned that on the forum and Bon jumped in and said not to worry that I could have it delivered to her and she would drive it across the border and mail it to me. She also stopped at the Joann fabrics store in Ogdensburg and bought me a pair of gold stork scissors and put that in the package. We had always planned on meeting up one day and it never happened I am sorry to say.
    I have always thought of Kathy fondly when I use those scissors. R.I.P. dear friend.

Mary

• mary_c_gw
    11 years ago

I don't know how I missed this post!

My condolences to Kathy's family. She was a lovely and generous lady.

• lindaoh_gw
    11 years ago

So sorry to hear this. Thank you for posting Faye.
    Linda OH

• bozogardener
    11 years ago

Oh, I'm sorry to hear this. RIP, Bon. Thanks, Faye for letting us know.

• lola99
    11 years ago

I joined this forum in July 2006. I remember one of my first impressions was that this was a loving, caring group. Bon had been ill and there was a post that I thought was called "Faces for Bon" and it was everyone wishing her well and posting pictures of their faces. Unfortunately, I can't find that post now, but the message that I got loud and clear was that this was a group that cherished it's members and Bon was a special woman.

I also recall that during some difficult periods with bickering within the forum, Bon always maintained a positive attitude and encouraged others to be kind and positive.

I will miss her and her smile at the end of many of her posts.

Lola

• rosajoe_gw
    11 years ago

I had just joined when her health problems took a turn for the worse.

She never dwelled on her problems and all of her posts were upbeat and positive. When I am in the same situation I can only hope to be just like her.
    Rosa