Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
reputable machine parts vendor?

Posted by emme-dc (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 18, 12 at 21:50

I have never quilted on my own machine, and am finally ready to gear up to do it. I've identified the walking foot and FM foot that are compatible with my old Viking, but of course I am buying online, since there are no Viking storefronts around.
So here's my hesitation: is the vendor for real? I can't find any reviews that attest to their record of customer service (or lack of it). I can't tell if it's one of those flim-flam web vendors. I'm just wary of a vendor that's selling for 10-15% less than the competitors. But if they really deliver the products they're selling, I'll buy from them. Can anyone comment about an experience with "my sewing machine parts dot com"? Or for that matter recommend any vendor of parts that include Viking parts?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: reputable machine parts vendor?

I don't know anything about this online vendor, but the local guy here who repairs Vikings says that Viking won't even allow him access to their parts. I don't know how long this has been case, but I would investigate anyone who claims that they have Viking parts. But there are feet out there that fit all kinds of machines so maybe that's the case with what you want.

o

This isn't about Viking or about the website you mentioned, but I searched for a long time for the big open C-shaped FM quilting foot I wanted. The one made by a big name machine manufacturer that would fit my machine was $22. The no name one I found with the right shaft length was $9, fits just right and works great! Why not give the one you found a try?

Kate

o

I've bought from a company with a similar name.
I was very happy with their service. I was looking for a certain foot and bought one they promised would fit made by another manufacturer. They were right and the service was great. I recommend calling and asking about the Viking parts you need. They are located in Atlanta GA.
Hope this helps you!

Here is a link that might be useful: Sewingmachine.com

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here