Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lockeb_gw

Galaxy Stars - Bill/Lockeb - August

lockeb
13 years ago

Sue,

Just wanted to let you know that your block arrived and I love it - thanks so much for the block and the extra pieces.....it is beautiful...

I am so excited about my blocks - even more this year than before.. :-)

Thanks again!

Bill

Comments (29)

• lockeb
    Original Author
    13 years ago

"itsmesuzq"....
    Thanks so much - I got your beautiful block today - and a wonderful FQ ....I love both...THANKS!!!!!!! Love the colors......
    Also, the card is so beautiful - love that patchwork print....
    THANKS AGAIN!!!
    Bill

• lockeb
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Quiltbartner (Cindy).....
    THANKS so much....I received your package today - LOVE THE BLOCK.....and thanks so much for the extra fabric and the quilt pattern...It is going to be a project that I will truly enjoy...
    THANKS AGAIN!!!!!
    Bill

• lockeb
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Just bumping this up so I can find it as my blocks come in :-)

• cindykg23
    13 years ago

Happy you like the block:) The whole birthday block exchange has been so much fun! Enjoy!!

• bozogardener
    13 years ago

Hi Bill, I mailed your block yesterday! I hope you like the fabric!

• vicky4x4
    13 years ago

Bill,

I know you sent your new address out but I have misplaced it.
    Please send it to me as I have your block done and ready to go out :-)

Thanks s much.
    Vicky

• mnquilter
    13 years ago

Hi Bill, I just sent your birthday block in the mail this morning. Hope you enjoy it and have a WONDERFUL birthday - MNQuilter

• love2sew
    13 years ago

Bill, your block will be in the mail tomorrow. This block was fun to make and I hope you enjoy it. Have a great birthday when it arrives.

• lockeb
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Quiltpartner - the birthday swaps are a blast - I AGREE!!!!!

Bozogardner - I am sure I will love it :-)

Vicky, will send you my address in a couple of secs....

MNQuilter - THANKS!!! I look forward to receiving it and will leave a message when it arrives.

love2sew...WONDERFUL...I will be sure to let you know when it arrives..it is a wonderful block - I love it as well!!!!

I am so excited about my blocks..they are going to make an awesome project for me to assemble.....YUM, YUM!!!!!!! LOL

• lockeb
    Original Author
    13 years ago

mnquilter...
    Just wanted to let you know that your block arrived today and it is beautiful..I LOVE IT!!!! Thanks so much..Love the card and thanks for the extra piece for my piano border.....
    Bill

• lockeb
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hi Everyone,
    I thought that since I have several blocks already - that I would start a received list - I am afraid to forget someone.......

I have received blocks already from:

polardream
    Quiltpartner
    mnquilter
    itsmesuzq

Thanks so much...
    I can't wait to work on a quilt with my blocks.....

Bill

• lockeb
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Bozogardner,,,,,
    I received your block yesterday - it is beautiful ...thanks so much......another great block towards my birthday quilt.....
    This is wonderful!!!
    To date, these are the birthday blocks that I have received in this group:

polardream
    Quiltpartner
    mnquilter
    itsmesuzq
    bozogardner

Thanks everyone!!!!!

• lockeb
    Original Author
    13 years ago

bozogardner....
    I wanted to thank you also for the extra fabric....THANKS!!!!!!!

patti60, I recieved your block today and like the others, I absolutely love it......
    All of my blocks are so wonderful....
    THANKS!!!!!!!

To date, these are the birthday blocks that I have received in this group:
    polardream
    Quiltpartner
    mnquilter
    itsmesuzq
    bozogardner
    patti60

Thanks everyone!!!!!

• lockeb
    Original Author
    13 years ago

love2sew...
    Received your wonderful block today - and the extra fabric...THANKS SO MUCH!!! LOVE IT!!!!!!

Everyone,
    Here's the updated GALAXY STARS that I have received so far:

polardream
    Quiltpartner
    mnquilter
    itsmesuzq
    bozogardner
    patti60
    love2sew

Thanks everyone!!!!!

• grammyp
    13 years ago

Just a note to let you know mine will be late. Work just seems to be getting in my way and this weekend I am moving DD to her dorm room. Sigh.

beverly

• vicky4x4
    13 years ago

Bill you should have received my block by now. Let me know.
    Thanks,
    Vicky

• lockeb
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Vicky4x4..got your block and fabric square...I LOVE IT!!!!
    Thanks so much..... I got it a couple of days ago but haven't been on line much..but wanted to let you know that it was here........

Grammyp..don't worry - whenever you have time is great!! :-)

Everyone,

polardream
    Quiltpartner
    mnquilter
    itsmesuzq
    bozogardner
    Vicky4x4
    patti60
    love2sew

Thanks everyone!!!!!

• User
    13 years ago

Happy Birthday yesterday, Bill. Did you get my block yet? I included some extra fabric for your border. Don't forget to post pictures!

Dianne

• lockeb
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hi Diane,
    Yes, got it on my birthday....beautiful block - love the fabric..THANKS!!!!!
    I have had quite the week so didn't get to post.......spent my birthday and the day after at the hospital undergoing exams but all is well.....
    THANKS AGAIN!!!

Everyone,

polardream
    Dian57
    Quiltpartner
    mnquilter
    itsmesuzq
    bozogardner
    Vicky4x4
    patti60
    love2sew

Thanks Everyone!!!
    Bill

• User
    13 years ago

Bill, hospital testing is no way to enjoy your birtday! I hope you are feeling better and all is well. I look forward to seeing pictures of your blocks.

• lockeb
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hi Diane,,,
    You are right - but all is ok..AMEN!!! :-)
    Thanks for checking in....I will definitely be taking photos once I get the rest of my blocks and get them joined up - I think this is going to be a fun quilt to put together....

• lockeb
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Just moving this message up so I can find it in order to let you all know when my blocks arrive..I am not only missing 3 blocks for this swap...I am getting some wonderful ones and can't wait to join them up....

• mnquilter
    13 years ago

Can't wait to see your blocks!

• lockeb
    Original Author
    13 years ago

mnquilter.....

I am just waiting for 3 blocks to come from this swap - and 1 block from another swap - and then I will have all of my blocks from 3 swaps.....so I will be able to join them all up and take photos..I can't wait to show you all my great blocks.....

If the people who's block I haven't received yet from this swap could let me know when they think they would be able to send, it would be appreciated...I just want to have an idea as to when I may be able to start joining all of these up...

Grammyp - I know about your machine :-)
    Odessa Quilts
    Chickadee_42us

Oh, Grammyp, I am almost back at my birthday blocks now - we are in 2 swaps together - so I need to get 2 blocks out to you.. :-)...I hope to be back to the sewing on the weekend....had a lot of work and projects to catch up on this week...but getting there :-)

Hope everyone is well..and enjoying all of their blocks..

Hugs,

Bill

• lockeb
    Original Author
    13 years ago

BUMP!!!!

• lockeb
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Beverly,
    I got your block today (with the piecemaker block) and I absolutely love them...thanks so much for the great blocks and the extra pieces towards my border.......
    Your blocks are in the mail - hope that they are not too late arriving...
    Thanks again!
    Bill
    Everyone,

polardream
    Dian57
    Quiltpartner
    mnquilter
    itsmesuzq
    bozogardner
    Vicky4x4
    patti60
    love2sew
    Grammyp

Now, only waiting for the last 2..and then it will be "JOIN-THEM-UP-TIME...I can't wait....

Thanks Everyone!!!
    Bill

• meima
    13 years ago

Greetings LockEb (Bill),
    Hope all is well with you. I just sent a block that reminded me of one I made for you some time ago. This one was called Carolina Star, but it made me think of the time you asked for sunflowers, and the block I constructed for your request. I just wondered how that quilt turned out. I will be off of the exchange now that I have finished all of my blocks for Patch Work Pines. Hope to return someday. I just wanted you to know that I loved your blocks and your enthusiasm.
    Best Wishes to you!
    Meima
    (Debbie)

• lockeb
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hi Debbie,,,
    I haven't finished with my sunflower blocks yet - I must get them out and work on them.......
    It is so nice to hear from you - the blocks, the exchanges...making wonderful friends..the forums are fabulous....
    Hugs,
    Bill

• lockeb
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I just wanted to update this thread..and kind of closed of my birthday blocks....
    I am still missing 2 blocks:

Odessa Quilts
    Chickadee_42us

Since my birthday is almost 2 months ago I not going to blame the mail any longer :-) I am going to assume that all of the blocks are in...

I want to thank everyone who sent - they are all wonderful - and as the temperatures start to get colder and the desire to stay inside grows - I will have these wonderful blocks to work with - can't wait to marry them all together - and show you what happens....

Hugs to you all!!
    THANKS!
    Bill

i

Sponsored
Ronald J. Smith Interiors, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Veteran Interior Designer Serving Clients in Upper Marlboro