Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wynative

Baby girl quilt finished - picture heavy

wynative
11 years ago

This is for a friends shower on Sunday - I wanted to show off all the blocks so there is lots of pictures. I purchased the blocks at a garage sale and love them : ) The backing is bright yellow fleece.

Comments (20)

• wynative
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Okay lets try this again since it wont let me upload directly I will go back to the old way...
    {{!gwi}}
    {{!gwi}}
    {{!gwi}}
    {{!gwi}}
    {{!gwi}}
    {{!gwi}}
    {{!gwi}}
    {{!gwi}}
    {{!gwi}}
    {{!gwi}}
    {{!gwi}}
    {{!gwi}}
    {{!gwi}}
    I still need to put a label on it and iron but I am pleased with how it turned out.
    Marie

• loisflan
    11 years ago

Marie, your quilt is charming. What an incredible find. Are the blocks machine embroidered? You did a great job of tying them all together with the soft pink sashing. Very sweet. Lois

• K8Orlando
    11 years ago

Marie, it's adorable!

Kate

• bev2009
    11 years ago

The blocks are so sweet. I especially like the elephant. That's one lucky baby.

• wynative
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Lois,

Yes they are machine embroidered and I only paid $10 for these and 2 other sets : )

Gotta love a good yard sale! LOL
    Marie

• day2day
    11 years ago

Your quilt is adorable!
    I like all those embroidered a designs.
    You did a great job.
    TFS.

~Geraldine

• wanda_va
    11 years ago

Adorable! You got a wonderful find at the garage sale--$10 wouldn't even cover the cost of the embroidery thread. All the squares are just precious for a baby quilt!

• Robbi D.
    11 years ago

That is a great garage sale find!! It would take quite a while to stitch out all of those. And you made such an adorable quilt.

Robbi

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    11 years ago

Wow, Marie, you sure hit the jackpot at that garage sale with those embroidered blocks. Very cute quilt!

SharonG/FL

• quiltingfox
    11 years ago

That's a great garage sale find! Those are some really beautiful blocks! Awesome quilt!

Best to you,
    Sandra

• rosajoe_gw
    11 years ago

I would truly have a fit if I found those at a garage sale lol!!!!

They are very well embroidered and really cute designs. The gorgeous designs alone would cost much more than you paid for everything.

Beautiful quilt, I'm sure they will be very pleased.
    Rosa

• quiltnhen
    11 years ago

Fabulous find and they fell into the right hands. Lucky baby!

• wynative
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks ladies : )
    Marie

• littlehelen_gw
    11 years ago

Hard to beleive those blocks were in a yard sale...incredible find, but more incredible in the quilt. It's adorable and very special!

• nanajayne
    11 years ago

Difficult to understand anyone giving up those lovily blocks but I am glad you were there to claim them. You found just the right way to use them. Good job. TFS

• nanajayne
    11 years ago

Difficult to understand anyone giving up those lovily blocks but I am glad you were there to claim them. You found just the right way to use them. Good job. TFS

• dan_the_mailman
    11 years ago

You found those blocks at a yard sale? Wow! I believe that everything happens for a reason, and those blocks were simply waiting for you to come along! That's a great quilt, and you should be proud of it!

Dan

• Kristene Smith
    11 years ago

Really beautiful blocks Marie. Perfect for boy or girl. You have put them together well.

Kristene

• wynative
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks everyone! I love yard sales : ) I found a kiln for $25 this weekend YIPPY! Now I will be busier than ever LOL

Marie

• magothyrivergirl
    11 years ago

Great find! Both the blocks and the kiln. Love your quilt!
    The blocks are beautiful!!!

Sponsored
Interior Style by Marisa Moore
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars57 Reviews
Northern Virginia Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2013-2020!