Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Baby girl quilt finished - picture heavy

Posted by wynative (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 25, 12 at 21:15

This is for a friends shower on Sunday - I wanted to show off all the blocks so there is lots of pictures. I purchased the blocks at a garage sale and love them : ) The backing is bright yellow fleece.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Baby girl quilt finished - picture heavy

Okay lets try this again since it wont let me upload directly I will go back to the old way...
Lemleys baby quilt
IMG_5605 - Copy
IMG_5606 - Copy
IMG_5608 - Copy
IMG_5609 - Copy
IMG_5611 - Copy
IMG_5613 - Copy
IMG_5614 - Copy
IMG_5607
IMG_5610
IMG_5612
IMG_5615
I still need to put a label on it and iron but I am pleased with how it turned out.
Marie

o

Marie, your quilt is charming. What an incredible find. Are the blocks machine embroidered? You did a great job of tying them all together with the soft pink sashing. Very sweet. Lois

o

Marie, it's adorable!

Kate

o

The blocks are so sweet. I especially like the elephant. That's one lucky baby.

o

Lois,

Yes they are machine embroidered and I only paid $10 for these and 2 other sets : )

Gotta love a good yard sale! LOL
Marie

o

Your quilt is adorable!
I like all those embroidered a designs.
You did a great job.
TFS.

~Geraldine

o

Adorable! You got a wonderful find at the garage sale--$10 wouldn't even cover the cost of the embroidery thread. All the squares are just precious for a baby quilt!

o

That is a great garage sale find!! It would take quite a while to stitch out all of those. And you made such an adorable quilt.

Robbi

o

Wow, Marie, you sure hit the jackpot at that garage sale with those embroidered blocks. Very cute quilt!

SharonG/FL

o

That's a great garage sale find! Those are some really beautiful blocks! Awesome quilt!

Best to you,
Sandra

o

I would truly have a fit if I found those at a garage sale lol!!!!

They are very well embroidered and really cute designs. The gorgeous designs alone would cost much more than you paid for everything.

Beautiful quilt, I'm sure they will be very pleased.
Rosa

o

Fabulous find and they fell into the right hands. Lucky baby!

o

Thanks ladies : )
Marie

o

Hard to beleive those blocks were in a yard sale...incredible find, but more incredible in the quilt. It's adorable and very special!

o

Difficult to understand anyone giving up those lovily blocks but I am glad you were there to claim them. You found just the right way to use them. Good job. TFS

o

Difficult to understand anyone giving up those lovily blocks but I am glad you were there to claim them. You found just the right way to use them. Good job. TFS

o

You found those blocks at a yard sale? Wow! I believe that everything happens for a reason, and those blocks were simply waiting for you to come along! That's a great quilt, and you should be proud of it!

Dan

o

Really beautiful blocks Marie. Perfect for boy or girl. You have put them together well.

Kristene

o

Thanks everyone! I love yard sales : ) I found a kiln for $25 this weekend YIPPY! Now I will be busier than ever LOL

Marie

o

Great find! Both the blocks and the kiln. Love your quilt!
The blocks are beautiful!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here