Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A funny thing happened in the grocery store.....

Posted by teresa_nc7 (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 2, 12 at 21:14

So, I've been thinking about what kind of pieced border to put on this baby Shoo Fly quilt I'm making....and ....maybe some bees or dragonflies embroidered in the corners would add a subtle embellishment. Then I'm in the grocery store tonight reaching for a box of tissues and..... there is one (store brand) with colorful dragonflies on the box! A ready made pattern to copy! No google search needed!

Don't you love it when serendipity happens?

Teresa

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A funny thing happened in the grocery store.....

I do. I often walk into a building and see a pattern in floor tile or parquet and take a picture. I have pictures of signs and even buildings. If my kids ever look at the pictures on my laptop, they'll think it was dementia.

But now I have my inspiration clothesline so I can just print things and pin them up with my miniature clothespins. Thank you Teresa.

o
RE: A funny thing happened in the grocery store.....

Funny you mentioned the "inspiration" clothesline.....after surviving the whole house paint job this past Jan/Feb, I was ready to put my sewing room back together and at one point I decided not to put up the clothesline. But I eventually did string it up between the two bookcases/stash cases and now I'm glad I did. I put my important notes and vital don't-lose-this things to hang on the line and it has saved my sanity more than once.

Teresa

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here