Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Batik, but not a quilt

Posted by k8orlando (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 13, 11 at 21:13

This doesn't qualify as quilting but it turned out pretty cute and I want to share it with you all. A friend who knows about my love of owls showed me a picture of an owl pillow today so I had to try to make one tonight.

I like him and Jack Bauer the cat seems to like him too. I'm crazy about the little orange feet!

Kate

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Batik, but not a quilt

How cute it that!!! Love it. Looks like Jack is checking Cedric out real good. (We had an owl that would show up every night and we called him Cedric) lol

SharonG/FL

o

"Can I eat it, the bird?

o

I think he's checking it out for catnip. I make him a lot of 'nip-stuffed toys, but not this one! He does look like he's thinking it's a snack though, doesn't he? Of my 3 cats, Jack is the funniest.

o
And a turtle!

After I sent her a photo of the owl, a friend asked (joking) if I could make a turtle. I'm having dinner with her tomorrow night so of course I had to try for a turtle pillow. He looks a bit more like a woodtick than a turtle, but I think it's close enough! Good thing I had all these batiks ;~))

I used light blue crystal beads for eyes.

o

Great job. Love them both but the turtle hits the spot. Jack looks like a cat I had several years ago call Squirt. She was a great friend, she would have liked the owl as well as Jack does.TFS

o

How adorable!!! I love the way your cat is checking him out, too!! I just love batiks!

Robbi

o

Love that owl but the turtle is pretty special too. The fabrics are great. It's nice to plan, make and complete a project at one sitting, isn't it?

o

Very cute, Kate! I personally think owls are creepy, but yours is very cute! Love, love, love the picture with your cat!

I'm sure your friend will just love the turtle, too!

Donna

o

Oh what fun projects. What did your friend think of the turtle?

The owl is cute and I really like that picture of Jack.

o

Here's a picture of Molly, the inspiration for my barn owl pillow. Isn't she a pretty girl?

o

Love it! - the owl, the cat and the turtle. You are very creative and your cat is curious.
Vasu

o

Cute - cute - cute! Jack Bauer looks perplexed ( and cute also)

o

Both adorable! And so is Jack!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here