Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vicky4x4

QOTD July 9th

vicky4x4
12 years ago

Do you get any quilting magazines?

I used to get Quiltmaker magazine but lately I find there is just so much on the internet I know longer pay for a magazine. I sure do love to look at them though and I will check them out at Barnes and Noble given the chance!

Vicky

Comments (9)

• toolgranny
    12 years ago

Quiltmaker is the only one I still take. But, I have lots of friends who share so I eventually see most.

• jennifer_in_va
    12 years ago

I used to get a few, and particularly enjoyed Fons & Porter. But I've found them to regurgetate the same patterns over and over...nothing really new and exciting for me. So I've stopped spending the money.

• polardream
    12 years ago

I am still getting Quilters Newsletter and Quiters' Home but do not plan to renew my subscriptions when they expire. I agree - seems like so much is on the internet. I have to admit, I do love to re-read them and look at the pictures, and I have several years worth saved to do just that!
    Sue

• grammyp
    12 years ago

I still get Fons and Porter, but when my subscription expires, I'll not renew. I will never be able to complete my bucket list, so why add to it.

beverly

• murphy_zone7
    12 years ago

When I first "discovered" quilting a few years ago, I subscribed to Fons and Porter, McCalls Quilting, Quilters World, and American Patchwork & Quilting. I have let all expire except the Better Homes and Gardens American Patchwork & Quilting. I like it the best and it has patterns and ideas that I can do and have done. I also use a 40% off coupon at Hobby Lobby and get the Quilts and More issue that comes out ever so often.
    In fact, I am working on the yo yo quilt shown on the cover of the June issue of American Patchwork&Quilting. Very pleased with how easy it has been...even making 409 x-large yoyo's!
    Murphy

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    12 years ago

I no longer have magazine subscriptions either. Too many UFO's around here but that doesn't keep me from sewing another one that someone would post online that would grab me by the throat and haul me off to the machine. Online works for me.

SharonG/FL

• fran1523
    12 years ago

I used to get Fons & Porter as well. Now I sometimes browse through magazines at Border's, but like everyone else, I have a mile long to do list without adding to it.

• Carol_from_ny
    12 years ago

I don't buy quilt magazines unless I find them at a garage sales for cheap or free.

• nanajayne
    12 years ago

I am a magazine "junkie". I do believe they have deteriorated but still subscribe to Am. Patchwork and Quilting (I have all the issues except the first 2) and Quilters World. I used to change between the others as subscriptions ran out but decided I would spend the monies on mag. at the newsstand allowing me to pick and choose.
    I love being able to go thru them when I am looking for ideas and rereading articals.