Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
QOTD July14th 2011

Posted by vicky4x4 (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 13, 11 at 20:31

If you knew you could only make one last quilt project, for whatever reason, what would it be? Who would you give it to?

If I could only do one more project it would have to be the one I'm working on, my Tree of Life Quilt and I would still keep it for my husband and my bed. It is scrappy and I have little half square triangles from all over the world. Then I would laid in the bed and just look at all the different fabrics and reminisce.

Vicky

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: QOTD July14th 2011

Mine would be a quilt I've been planning since the mid-1990s. I know it will be sort of a landscape quilt in the sense that it depicts a scene but not exactly sure how I want to do it. I've been collecting fabric for it on every vacation for years and years. The name of the quilt is Dakota Skies and it will show the golden wheat fields and fabulous skies of my home state. I even have some great border fabric in golds and greens that will be perfect... if I can ever decide how I want to make it! It's so important to me to get this one right.

Kate

o

I would like to do a postage stamp quilt with all the fabics from my stash and then I would know that a part of me was in every piece. I would leave it to one of my children but now sure which one. As my oldest is having her BD Fri. I guess I will say Robin.

o

I would do either Mariner's Compass Quilt by Judy Mathieson or a Celtic quilt and give it to my daughter. At age 9, she already understands fabric addiction and the constant drive to be creative! Her stash is growing and my husband is getting nervous.

Rebecca

o

I would finish up Uncle J's Tie quilt for my aunt.....

SharonG/FL

o

I guess I'd have to say something for my own bed in bright batiks and fine piecing. I have yet to do something for a bed except grandchildren's and would love to redo a bedroom with a new quilt as the color focus.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here