Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Free Motion Tutorials!!

Posted by magothyrivergirl (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 30, 14 at 20:21

I was looking for ideas on quilting spiderwebs and came across this wonderful blog that features in-depth tutorials for stitching motifs - I got sidetracked looking at her wonderful work and reading her blog.
I wanted to share.........

Here is a link that might be useful: The Inbox Jaunt Blog

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Free Motion Tutorials!!

Thanks for sharing that link! I had found it once before but didn't save the link. I really like the pattern she calls Starry Night.

Kate

o

Thanks for posting that link, Marsha. I, too, had found it once before and really admired her work. I can't wait to try some of her motifs.

o

Thank you. I came across her in a recent search, but this is a much more complete set of tutorials.
LindaB/CA

o

I'll try to find time to look at it today...Thanks!

o

Wow, there's a bunch of them! But I was disappointed that they weren't videos. I like watching Leah Day's videos but they are very dense and usually I want something looser and bigger and less time-consuming. But these people are so generous to share their creative skills for free I hate to even ask them for something simpler, they could be like some of the quilting celebrities and charge an arm and a body for every little thing they do.

o

You might want to look at Kathy Sandbach's books. She has some things that you can kind of vine around for all over quilting, and others that are big motifs.
LindaB/CA

o

I want to try then all!! That is one of my goals is is to work on my free motion. Now to find the time

Robbi

o

Thanks!! Love the site, gonna practice soon.

beverly

o

Finally...the site opened for me!!! Wow, some great designs! I like the Wind and Loopy leaf, but there's just so many to chose from...where to start? Thanks sooo much for sharing.
V.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here