Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
msmeow

ttfn!

msmeow
11 years ago

We are planning to leave our house at 4:30 AM (yes, that says AM) tomorrow for our cruise! Flight to Baltimore is at 7 AM. We are cruising to Bermuda, Boston and Newport, then spending a weekend in DC with my sister. We'll be home late Aug. 5.

So, y'all behave while I'm gone, and keep on quilting!

Donna

Comments (27)

• nannykins
    11 years ago

ENJOY!!!!!
    Theresa

• tuppermom
    11 years ago

Have a great time!

• nanajayne
    11 years ago

We are leaving tomorrow as well but not that early. We are headed to Spotsylvania, VA. for the week at a TS. Not far from Washington----then we will be leaving on the 3rd. for parts unknown. I hope we will find something else along the way for a few days. Crossing my fingers that we have internet so I can keep tabs on everyone and everything. lol
    Have fun Donna, we plan to.

• loisflan
    11 years ago

Jayne and Donna, have wonderful trips. We will try to behave and keep the fires burning. We'll miss you both.

• K8Orlando
    11 years ago

Everyone, have great vacations! We'll be here when you get back, waiting to hear all about your trips and the fabric you bought!!!

Kate

• wanda_va
    11 years ago

Hope you both have wonderful trips. I hope things cool off here in the DC area before you get here! We are currently under a heat advisory.

• Robbi D.
    11 years ago

I love cruises!! The best vacations! Have a great time :-)

Robbi

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    11 years ago

Enjoy your vacations.......

SharonG/FL-IN

• nannykins
    11 years ago

Just figured out what ttfn means.
    Theresa

• polardream
    11 years ago

Have a great time! Sounds like a fun cruise. Jayne - have fun too!
    Sue

• buteau3rd
    11 years ago

Hey, nannykins!, will you share? I cannot figure out what ttfn means.

• buteau3rd
    11 years ago

Hey, nannykins!, will you share? I cannot figure out what ttfn means.

• nannykins
    11 years ago

Ta Ta For now
    Sometimes it takes a while for me to figure out these little abbrevs (I know they have a name but I can't remember it right now.) One that puzzled me for a long time was TFS posted by day2day. Finally got it Thanks for sharing! A whole new language to learn.
    T.

• jennifer_in_va
    11 years ago

Jayne~ You're in my neck of the woods!! Hope you're prepared for the heat... It's in the 100s this week/weekend!

Everyone have a great trip!

• sunnycentralfl
    11 years ago

Have fun, y'all!

We'll be slogging away here in FL high humidty and high temps!

Gwen

• nanajayne
    11 years ago

We do have internet access so I can keep track of everyone.
    Your right it is hot in VA but after reading about Vicki's tornado I feel lucky. We have air condition and that helps. Nice just to just get away from home. Hope to visit the Jenny Bryer store sometime. Anything good in Fredrickburg? We are right next door. Big unit for just the 2 of us, nice cabin for 6 people.lol

• jennifer_in_va
    11 years ago

Fredericksburg has a quaint old town with shops and history. THere's a walking tour or carriage rides with history narratives.

Also, Fred. has a Civil War cemetary that is neat, also with tour guides.

If you make into old town, you should try Carl's Ice Cream... the last of it's kind. Well, really, it's one of a kind. Old fashioned, soft serve ice cream in only 3 flavors; the best milk shakes in town! (Any one can tell you where to find it.)

If you're interested in Civil War stuff, there's plenty of battlefields in the area; Lake Anna is a nice state park with a nice beach; just north on I95 is the Museum of the Marine Corp (well worth a visit); Ferry Farm is Gge. Washington's boyhood home; paddleboat rides from downtown along the Rapahannock River offers lunch or dinner options.

How long are you in the area?? Maybe there'll be a chance to hook up...

• rosajoe_gw
    11 years ago

Everyone have fun on your vacations!!!! We are so hot, humid, and dry and plan to spend our time in front of the TV with AC watching the Olympics!!!!
    Rosa

• nanajayne
    11 years ago

Thank you Jennifer for the inf. it sounds interesting. Been thru here several times but have never stopped.
    We got in today and leave next Fri. before 10am. Staying at the Presidental Resort at Chancelerville.
    Clinton isn't able to do much walking which limits our activities but will fine something to do I am sure.
    Would love to get together if possible.

• littlehelen_gw
    11 years ago

fredericksburg is a wonderful town...B & B there and toured the battlefields years ago. Don't tell my neighbors (I'm from MD), but VA has many wonderfull little towns to explore, they all seem charming. Recently toured Orange and Culpepper, but unfortnately, did not find a fabric store! enjoy your time...the mid atlantic is full of history to explore.
    V.

• jennifer_in_va
    11 years ago

Jayne,

I'm pretty much open Wed or Thursday... Maybe you'd like to meet at the quilt shop on Rt. 3 (about a mile west of I95) and then have lunch? (will have 3 of my kids in tow, probably, in case that matters)

Jennifer

• nanajayne
    11 years ago

Jennifer,
    Sorry to have taken so long getting back to you. I have been having some issues with the Wireless here. Undependable. Wed. would be fine as well as Thur. We are about 6 or so miles from the Quilt store. (visited there today.)I am sure your children would be a delight. I may have to bring my DH as he has problems with me going any place with out him.lol. Give me a time and I will be there.
    Jayne

• jennifer_in_va
    11 years ago

How about meeting at the quilt shop at noon, and then if you don't need anything there (lol), we can head to lunch somewhere?

• nanajayne
    11 years ago

Wed or Thur. ?? Noon would be find.

• jennifer_in_va
    11 years ago

sorry. Wed

• msmeow
    Original Author
    11 years ago

We're back...almost! Sitting in BWI airport waiting for our flight. We had a great cruise and a great time visiting my sis in DC. We went to the Nationals game last night...they were behind for a long time and many left early, but they rallied and scored 6 runs in the 8th inning! We're really glad we stayed.

Back to catching up on the news...

Donna

• sunnycentralfl
    11 years ago

Welcome home...I hope you enjoyed your time with family and cruising and BB! Hope to see you and your new tan at Guild meeting tonight!

GR

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio