Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dan_the_mailman

My Stained-Glass Quilt

dan_the_mailman
11 years ago

here's a look at the progress I've made so far on my stained-glass quilt. this piece is approximately 31"x32". I'm making it up as I go along, and frankly, I'm quite proud of myself for today's work! ***patting myself on the back*** Now I've hit a crossroads though... do I do the entire quilt this way, or do I add some stone-looking blocks to make it look like a window in a wall? Thoughts???

Comments (14)

• msmeow
    11 years ago

It's looking great, Dan! I love the colors. I think when you decide the "window" is large enough you could add a border of "stones".

Donna

• quiltnhen
    11 years ago

They really do look like back lit stained glass!

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    11 years ago

Dan, You deserve that pat on the back! I think it's up to you on how to proceed, or do what Donna suggested.

SharonG/FL-IN

• dan_the_mailman
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I think, after some careful consideration, I'm going to make a reversible quilt, one side entirely like this, and the other one with some smaller stained-glass blocks set into a "wall" comprised of stone-looking fabrics. I like both ideas, so I'll go ahead and make them into one quilt. This one has been fun so far, and I'm getting pretty good results, I'd say.

• loisflan
    11 years ago

Great work, Dan. Your choice of fabrics has been terrific. They really look like stained glass.

• bev2009
    11 years ago

That is beautiful, Dan! I love the fabric choices. I would like to make a quilt like this myself. I wonder how it would look as a mini?

• wanda_va
    11 years ago

What a beautiful quilt. Your fabrics are great--I especially love the dragonfly fabric! Can't wait to see the finished quilt.

• quiltingfox
    11 years ago

I love the stained glass fabrics Dan! They are really beautiful! :-)

Best to you,
    Sandra

• polardream
    11 years ago

Very nice, Dan! Your fabrics are beautiful and really do look like stained glass. I will be anxious to see your finished "window".

Sue

• vasu_texas
    11 years ago

Dan, those batiks are so beautiful. Really look like stained glass. This will make a striking wall hanging.
    Vasu

• bozogardener
    11 years ago

This is so pretty! A stained glass is on my "to do" list.

• tuppermom
    11 years ago

Beautiful Dan! I love the way you work and let the piece evolve...a true artist!

Mary

• day2day
    11 years ago

Beautiful quilt!
    TFS.

~Geraldine

• rosajoe_gw
    11 years ago

Dan the gorgeous fabrics are perfect for this quilt! I have never made a stained glass, great job!!!
    Rosa