Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nanajayne

New book today

nanajayne
11 years ago

Got a new book today that I am finding fun.

"The Farmer's Wife Pony Club sampler quilt" by Laure Aaron Hird.

I saw it on Sewing With Nancy and decided to get it.

Fun blocks(90), Sweet stories and a CD with templates, Rotary instructions and foundations patterns. Sounds like it deals with everyone's preferences. We will see.

Has anyone used it or her other book, "The Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt"??

Comments (6)

• tuppermom
    11 years ago

I have a number of friends making Farmer's Wife quilts and the main complaint is that the CD only allows you to print one set of templates at a time so is a huge waste of paper. The LQS is running classes in FW and the owner transfers the blocks to EQ7 and then prints out the instructions (but each participant still has to buy the book) and they are doing it in William Morris prints....stunning!

I have looked at the Pony Club book myself but decided not to buy it until my Sylvia's Bridal Sampler is done....so could be years!!

Mary

• K8Orlando
    11 years ago

I love Wm. Morris prints! I would love to see pictures of their quilts if you can get them to share!

Kate

• toolgranny
    11 years ago

And I thought my Sylvia's Bridal Sampler was complicated. Those blocks look twice as bad and would take me forever. Lovely, though.

• magothyrivergirl
    11 years ago

Jayne~~~~~you are a high achiever! Make a note of this date to add to the label when you finish this sampler.

I agree with Linda, this one looks harder than SBS.

What fabrics are you going to use? Please share your progress. If you get into a rut, I would be willing to make a block or two to help you out for your sampler --- you can keep the pony!

I am so impressed with your drive - "You Go Girl!"

Here is a link that might be useful: Book

• nanajayne
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I haven't started it. Plan on reading the stories first, which is one of the reasons I got the book.
    It is more complicated then the SBQ in as much the directions are on the CD. (a real issue for me as I have a hard time downloading PDF files; think I am making progress with that but now I have printer issues.lol).
    I haven't thought about fabric, like hearing what others think, but I know that it wont be novelty fabric. That might be OK for a kids quilt but the way I see it.
    I have to finish my grandkids quilts before I allow another to begin but I am keeping your suggestion in minded to make a note of the date. Good idea.

• rosajoe_gw
    11 years ago

Cute blocks Jayne, but it would take me forever! I'll be one of your cheerleaders lol!!!
    Rosa

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations