Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I won ribbons!

Posted by BeeOHIO (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 24, 14 at 19:01

Our guild's quilt show was this past weekend. We had over 200 quilts entered & judged by 2 certified judges. 2 of my entries won ribbons & both also won viewers' choice in their categories. I am thrilled!

I think I posted this one here at the time I finished it a few months ago. It is named Interstellar Suite, paper pieced, & is a George Siciliano pattern. I got a 2nd place ribbon in small quilts.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I won ribbons!

This one is called "Friendship Flowers", machine pieced, hand & machine quilted, hand embroidered. It got 1st place in miniatures,

o

"Friendship Flowers" is very pretty. "Interstellar Suite" is incredible!!! I love paper piecing, so I might try that pattern...when I finish all the UFOs. Thanks for sharing.

o

They are both beautiful and I especially like the flowers. Congrats! The ribbon you won on the flowers quilt looks really cool.

Best to you,
Sandra

o

Interstellar Suite. WOW!
And the flower quilt is beautiful also!
Congratulations on your wins.
Theresa

o

Congrats!! How very exciting --- thank you so much for sharing your good news!

o

Congrats!

o

Congratulations!!! How exciting for you....it's always nice to be recognize after all the time, effort and love you pour into your creations....so glad you shared this with us!
Both are lovely, but I have to say I'm partial to Interstellar Suite...well done!
V.

o

Beautiful. Congrats!
LindaB/CA

o

Both are great!! It's nice to be recognized for your hard work!! Congrats!

o

Congratulations, Bee! I will be entering my George S quilt in our show in January...maybe I'll be lucky, too! :)

Love that tiny flower quilt...is it your own design?

Donna

o

Both are wonderful quilts! Congratulations to you! I also love the ribbon, made by guild members? I'm on the ribbon committee this year for our guild show in September. We are doing yo yos this time.

Teresa

o

Both quilts are winners, but I was amazed by the Interstellar Suite. I have not tried any paper pieced yet. Both are so very beautiful!

o

Congratulations. Those are both just wonderful. You worked hard for those ribbons and they are well deserved.

o

Thankyou for your kind words.

"Friendship Flowers" is a pattern from Lynn Clark's Cozy Nook Studio, Madera, CA. I bought it kitted with fabric @ a quilt show in the next county.

Yes, the ribbons were made by guild members using the scraps left from our raffle quilt. I thought the were very pretty.

o

Congratulations!! The judges made the right choice as your efforts are perfect...So proud of your accomplishment. Thank you for sharing.

o

How wonderful! Congrats!

o

AWESOME QUILTS!

beverly

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here