Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
quiltingleelee

Pictures Of some of my Quilts

quiltingleelee
16 years ago

So I decided I should Finally share pictures of some of the quilts I have finished. Just a warning the lines arent allways streight because im the kind of person who dosent think streight or worry about little things like that...

The First I made for my friend, he picked the boring boy colors... The back is Brown Jersey fabric, so it is nice and soft. Although somtime it is a little bit warm in the florida summer. I just quilted lines every four inches. It is a LARGE HEAVY queen size and I swore ide never do that again unless it was for myself...

This one I made for my best friends baby that was born on July Fourth. I found the really cute Noahs arc Fabric at Joannes and knew it was perfect. I quilted in the ditch around the colored blocks ad did a fancy stitch all around the animals.She LOVES the quilt, her mom even said it was "a $200.00 quilt" The back is baby flannel with a picture of Noahs arc. I made a really cute label but forgot to take a picture of it.

Well thats it for now, I have 4 more in progress. Does anybody else ever get really sad when giving away a quilt? both of these quilts are well loved but i still feel like nobody will love my quilts as much as me.

Leah

Comments (13)

• love2sew
    16 years ago

Your quilts are lovely and you have done a great job quilting...the baby one is especially cute.

I read when you have that special fabric you hate to cut into and then use it in a quilt that you give away but don't really want to part with it, is to make a small keepsake with the leftover pieces and then you can always look back at those precious pieces of fabric. It works...I made a tote bag from the scraps of a quilt I made and just hated to part with. I really love this bag and I can still drool over the fabrics I used in the quilt.
    Jean

• biwako_of_abi
    16 years ago

The first one is very nice: can't say I love the colors, but they weren't your choice, so weren't you good to make it, even though they weren't yours, either! lol

The baby quilt is darling, and I saved a copy of it for inspiration.

Oh, yes, I feel both happy and sad when I send off a quilt to its new owner. Don't laugh, but I usually give them a little kiss goodby.

• cygram
    16 years ago

Very nice quilts! Love the baby quilt.
    I never get sad when I give away a quilt because almost all of mine go to family.I know I can see them again anytime I want to.I do think Jean's idea to make a little keepsake something out of the scraps is a good idea.Think I will try that next time just to have a reminder of the quilts I've made.MAybe make a potholder or something small like that.
    Yvonne

• csackett
    16 years ago

Great job! I must be pretty selfish. I've given away some quilts but have kept about the same amount. I'd make something out of the scraps. Start a quilt journal with pics and scraps of the items you make.
    Carolyn

• janice__indiana5
    16 years ago

Nice job! Yes I know that bittersweet feeling. After all those hours your done, but now it's time to give it to the person YOU CHOSE to make it for. Oh but it's become a part of you. I'm rather new to all this, and I'm only on my third quilt, but yes I know that happy sad feeling!

Janice

• Rene54
    16 years ago

your work is great, the color combination in the BFs quilt do make a statement, "It's a guy thing" lol, the baby quilt is precious. And I must say I do get the "take back" feeling when I part with a project, I think it is because we put part of us into the object. Rene

• teresa_nc7
    16 years ago

Very nice quilts! I would not have thought to use a jersey knit for the quilt back. I bet it is very soft.

The baby quilt is adorable! I love to use bright plaids in quilts for children and that block shows the plaids off so nicely. Good job!

• fran1523
    16 years ago

Those are lovely quilts. I think your quilting is perfect, wavy lines and all. (You and I think alike. LOL) That baby quilt is really adorable. Your fabric choices are perfect.

• quiltingleelee
    Original Author
    16 years ago

The Jersey is really soft and surprisingly easy to work with. I was a little worried before I started. There are two problems with it, First it is a little to warm for florida summers. Second it is REALLY expensive. I paid $30.00 for the 6 yards needed to do the quilt, AND that was with a 50% off coupon from joannes.
    Thanks for all the nice compliments

Leah

• foxykitten350234
    16 years ago

I can't see the pictures:(

I admit I feel a little twinge of sadness when I send a quilt off to its new home. I find taking a picture of the quilt helps me send it on its way. I also have the scraps of fabric to remember it by.

Foxy.

• laurainsdca
    16 years ago

LeeLee, thanks so much for sharing! I just love those blues, greens, aquas together in the first one! ANd those little jungle animals. STOP, they are TOO cute.

I may have to have my lawyer send you a cease and desist letter though on your name. Just kidding, but my middle name is LEE and my husband calls me "Lee-Lee" a lot. I told him "There's someone on the quilting forum named LeeLee! And he said "NO! No one but you can be LeeLee!!!!" (heh heh - I'm sure he'll bounce back.)

Great quilts!!!

• glassquilt
    16 years ago

I really like the quilting on the Noah's arc quilt.

• miss_chanterelle
    16 years ago

love the plaid/Noahs ark..so different! The colors are great!