Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
quiltingfox

Are you quilting this weekend? July 4-6

quiltingfox
9 years ago

I am assuming Linda is busy quilting, packing or playing with grandbabies this weekend.? Hope the move goes smoothly for you Linda. Well we just got home Thursday from Arkansas family vacation where we went to a water park and went boating with friends on Lake Hamilton. It was a great RV trip, but am glad to be home. This weekend I am working on hand-quilting the last 3 rows of my parents' queensize Card Tricks quilt that I want to have done to gift to them at Christmas, and also working on a small 2.5" x 2.5" cross-stitch piece that I am gonna' frame and use as a gift later in the year. The attached pic is of a garden we visited while on vacation. So how is your 4th of July weekend going and are you quilting?

Best to you and yours,
Sandra

This post was edited by quiltingfox on Sat, Jul 5, 14 at 16:28

Comments (14)

• loisflan
    9 years ago

I was working on my niece's wedding quilt last night when my iron cooled down and wouldn't heat up (even after I turned it off and on again - a trick that works with so many electronic things). It heated up again this morning, but I don't want to get caught again with no iron, so I went out this morning a bought a new Rowenta. This one has auto turn-off, so that's a good thing, I think. I know there will be times when that feature makes me mad, but the new irons heat up so fast, I'm sure it will be fine. Hope to keep working on it tonight and tomorrow. My daughter and her husband just pulled into the driveway, so that's all for now.

• msmeow
    9 years ago

Lovely garden, Sandra! I'm glad you had a good trip.

I've been working on a pattern called Mosaic with Christmas fabrics. It's a kit I bought several years ago. It's going together quickly; I may be able to finish the top tomorrow.
    Donna

• nannykins
    9 years ago

In between the cleaning, I got a good part done on the lap quilt I started. The pattern is Avignon Picnic, a Moda pattern. I used a 30's jelly roll. I reduced the size to 24 blocks. All the blocks are finished, just have to decide on placement.
    Theresa

• grammyp
    9 years ago

We both had to work yesterday, but I am off this weekend, so when hubby goes to work, I get to sew!

beverly

• K8Orlando
    9 years ago

We built a fence around our backyard. Finished it early yesterday afternoon but I couldn 't muster enough extra energy to sew anything. Maybe today! (I really love a three day weekend.)

• littlehelen_gw
    9 years ago

I spent part of Friday and most of Saturday on my nieces quilt. I'm doing the garden trellis pattern from fresh lemons. I expect to finish assembling the top today.
    Beautiful garden pic Sandra!
    We had dinner at a fiends home last nite, captured a pretty pic while there...
    Enjoy your Sunday!

• nannykins
    9 years ago

Do you have "fiends" for friends?LOL Sorry but old teacher mode kicks in occasionally. Where is auto correct when you want it?
    Checking out Garden Trellis. If it is what I remember , I actually pulled out some fabrics for it.
    Just finished vacuuming and dusting main floor, next job is to clear the kitchen table from my sewing clutter. Before I start anew.
    Happy Sunday to all.
    Theresa

• msmeow
    9 years ago

LOL, Kate, I am the same way! We spent Friday morning washing windows and cleaning the patio furniture, and I ended up spending the afternoon lying on the sofa playing computer games. The heat and humidity just really drain you.

Beautiful butterfly!

Donna

• lindaoh_gw
    9 years ago

My internet was down for several hours on Friday. Sorry, I forgot to start the weekend thread.
    I should be packing but just can't get motivated today. We are planning to close on the new house this week and then start moving. DH wants to stay here until we sell this house so we may just move some of our things to start.
    Is anyone doing the Row by Row Experience for their state? I went to the LQS in Indiana yesterday and bought their kit and license plate block. I hope to visit the shops in Columbus. Don't know if I'll have time this week but it runs until Sept. 2.
    I made the row last evening but that is probably all the quilting I will do this weekend.
    Linda OH

Here is a link that might be useful: Row by Row Experience

• quiltingfox
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you bunches Donna and littlehelen. Littlehelen I love your butterfly pic! Sounds like everyone is pretty busy, even if they are not quilting. Linda I love it when you start the thread, but by Saturday I was beginning to wonder what everyone was up to this weekend. Linda, the last time we moved several years back, I just remember how it went so much faster than any of our previous moves because my S-I-L's drove in from out of state and helped us pack. So there were 4 of us packing and my then 3 year old son was already at the new house staying with M-I-L & F-I-L (as they live with us now). I am still working on my parents' quilt today and when I need a break from that working on a cross-stitch. Hope everyone continues to enjoy their weekend.

Best to you and yours,
    Sandra

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    9 years ago

No quilting or sewing for me this week-end. The daughter's church has a fireworks tent for their major fundraiser every year so she and I spent a few hours on Friday and Saturday out there. After all is said and done, they probably made about $6,000. They were busy right up until they were closing and packing up. Then we had a few ball games my great-grandkids were in that I wanted to attend, so that took up some more time. Plus, my fabric stash is at home so no playing around or doing the lotto for this month or next. Plan to work on getting the quilt top sandwiched and ready to quilt tomorrow. Wanted to wait until the holiday was over and everyone went back to work.....not that it really matters. :-)

(psst....if everything works out, Bev2009 and I plan to meet July 21st on my way back from Chicago)

SharonG/FL-IN

• rosajoe_gw
    9 years ago

Have fun Sharon, it's so nice to meet our fellow quilters. That was the best part for me attending retreat! Not to minimize all the time and planning Jennifer and helpers do to make sure we have a great time. And we do, I've never heard anyone complain about going lol!!!

It's so hot and humid I can't think about quilting lol!. We missed all of the rain and we really need it, my plants look so droopy. I took time one overcast afternoon to pick tomatoes to can. Everyone all around me raves about the Vidalia onions, but the tomatoes are what I love.

The nature pics look so relaxing! I had a lot of butterflies around my Lantanas but I need to build up my butterfly area. If I had that stream close to me my feet would be in the water!

• quiltnhen
    9 years ago

I'm the queen of UFO's, so naturally I made a whole new quilt for my son. The top has been finished for weeks now and I finally sandwiched it on Saturday. It's the biggest I've used spray baste on and it needed a little reworking yesterday, but I think it will work.
    Thank goodness for Aleve though. What a painful job, even on tables in the garage!
    Love the butterfly!
    LindaB/CA

• quiltingfox
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I am having computer problems and am having to use my son's computer, ..... so I may be online a little less in the near future.

Best to you and yours,
    Sandra

Sponsored
Urban Upkeep LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars6 Reviews
Franklin County's High Quality Painting Expert