Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
geezerfolks_sharon

Scrappy Trips Around the World

The pattern came from Bonnie Hunter and I'm just as pleased as punch with how it turned out. It cannot technically be called a Quilt of Valor as it doesn't meet the size requirements (off by an inch), but that's ok. Beverly did an awesome job of quilting stars, choosing the backing and putting on the binding for me. I don't know how I'd get anything completed without her expertise and friendship. The presentation to Major Abbi is scheduled to take place next Monday night at Pizza Hut where a group of family and friends will gather with her before she goes back to her place of deployment. I plan to post a picture of that after it happens. She doesn't know about the quilt but her mother does and is on pins and needles and can't wait to see it in person.

Isn't the backing perfect?????

SharonG/FL

Comments (21)

• calliope
    10 years ago

Exceptional............and will be very much appreciated.

• nannykins
    10 years ago

Truly a work of skill and love, by both of you.
    Good luck with the presentation.
    Theresa

• magothyrivergirl
    10 years ago

Brings tears to my eyes! A beautiful collaboration of friendship and shared skills. Kudos to You and Beverly.
    The backing and the binding are both perfect - so is the label.
    I'm sure she will be touched.

Please give my Thanks to Major Abbi and her family for what they all sacrifice for us.

• toolgranny
    10 years ago

that's a real beauty and will always be treasured. Good job, you two!

• littlehelen_gw
    10 years ago

To Sharon and Beverly...well done and thank you sooo much!
    Looking forward to seeing the pic.
    V.

• jennifer_in_va
    10 years ago

Wonderful!!

• grammyp
    10 years ago

Sharon did a great job with this one and I am more than happy to help out. The colors are brighter than they appear in the picture. I can't wait to see pictures of the presentation.

beverly

• lola99
    10 years ago

It looks great! You two are so capable and generous. I'm looking forward to seeing pictures and hearing about the presentation.

Please tell Major Abbi that people all around the country appreciate her sacrifice.

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you, ladies. I love to make patriotic quilts and be able to contribute something to show my appreciation for our service members. I think this one might mean a bit more to me because it's going to someone I know.

I made 2 pillowcases and reversed the fabric of the body and cuff, so if Abbi took one back to Haiti with her, her DH would have one similar and they would have a connection. Yeah, I know.....sappy, eh?

Here is a link that might be useful: QOV Inspiration

• grammyp
    10 years ago

Who doesn't like sappy.

beverly

• K8Orlando
    10 years ago

Wonderful, sappy, wonderfully sappy! It's a great quilt, Sharon, and I like the sentiment too.

Kate

• magothyrivergirl
    10 years ago

Sweet and sappy & I bet they will feel that connection!

Such a lovely thought.

• quiltnhen
    10 years ago

Fantastic!
    LindaB/CA

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I like sappy! Scrappy, too. Does that make me a scrappy sap? Oh good grief! I need to be locked in a sewing room with a little pass through door for fabric and food. I can picture it now........

• day2day
    10 years ago

Beautiful quilt! Kudos to both of you.
    TFS.

Sharon, the world needs more sappy.

~Geraldine

• fran1523
    10 years ago

Fabulous. Thanks to you both and mostly to Major Abbi.

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Amongst tears in a few eyes, Major Abbi received her quilt last night.

SharonG/FL

• grammyp
    10 years ago

Such a lovely young lady. Glad she liked it.

beverly

• magothyrivergirl
    10 years ago

Major Abbi looks soooooooo pleased, and so pretty wrapped in her quilt! I'm sure she will feel all the love & admiration while over seas from it!

• nannykins
    10 years ago

Wonderful!!!
    Theresa

• nanajayne
    10 years ago

How special! That is what it is all about, the pleasure that is so evident and appreciated. TFS

Sponsored
M&Z Home Services LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Established Home Remodeling Expert Since 2012