Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
EQ7 Software

Posted by rosajoe (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 28, 11 at 16:08

I was given EQ7 as a gift, it was preordered when they first came out with the newer version.
Like many of you I use graph paper and colors so I have never used it. I decided to take a class called 'EQ7 Sampler' with Quilt University to learn the software, the help and videos that come with it aren't really enough to explain questions. When I started the class I was still not sure if I would ever use it but I am on class 2 of 4 and I really am having a great time!!! It is loads of fun to play with different fabrics and colors.
ANOTHER QUILTING TOY LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rosa

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: EQ7 Software

I don't think I'll ever give up my graph paper and colored pencils, but I do love electronic toys and have considered the EQ software many times. I'm so glad you're having fun with it! Can you save and post pictures of what you design?

Kate

o

Rosa, I have EQ6 and I love playing with it! I need to review my materials from the 2 QU classes I took to get more out of it.

We're about to have our master bath remodeled and I'm really wishing I had some software that I could do the same thing with. I don't have the talent or the training to draw elevations and make them look like I think they will. :)

Donna

o

Have fun with your new toy! I started with EQ5 and upgraded when the new versions came out. I now have EQ7.
I like to see how the blocks and quilts will look using the colors I have chosen.
Linda OH

o

Donna,
I have made so many notes and I need to start printing out the lessons to review after the class. Fran Gonzalez is great! After having our patio enlarged and screened in I don't envy you, I was ready to buy ear plugs after listening to them for a week. There should be some kind of software for remodeling, I know there is for decorating.
Kate,
I agree I will still use my graph paper lol!! One of the things I really like is the notecard you can create for each block and quilt. You name the blocks and document all the info you want to and then you can search for it later by name.
Sampler
Photobucket

Taking 1 block from sampler and setting on point
Photobucket

o
Colors

Linda,
It is so much fun to change the colors and so easy lol!!!! I am looking forward to learning more, I still have to refer back a LOT!!!!!
Rosa

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here