Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
UFO Finished

Posted by ritaweeda (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 18, 12 at 16:05

Here is the Tree of Life I just finished. It had raw-edge machine applique, FMQ, and some thread painting and bead-work. I tried to take close-ups but the camera isn't working right (or maybe the operator). I tried to post this in a compressed format but it came out blurry for some reason.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: UFO Finished

awesome work! Is it stipple quilted?

o

Good work. I sort of steer away from applique and such but this is very attractive.
Theresa

o

That's really pretty and the spider web is a neat touch. And I like all the birds. :-)

Best to you,
Sandra

o

That is just gorgeous. I am an applique freak so really appreciate all you put into this. Good job.

o

That's really cute, Rita. I like all the critters.

SharonG/FL-IN

o

I applaud you for finishing this even though you don't like it, and did not like making it. That takes alot of determination and grit.
I like the whimsy of the piece and think your grands will love it. I appreciate all the work you put into completing this. Maybe one day, it will make you smile :)

o

Great quilt.
I like all the details you've included.
I think you did a fantastic job.
TFS.

~Geraldine

o

Applause...so much work into something you weren't thrilled with finishing, but Marsha is right..the grands will love it and in time you will... a very nice piece!
V.

o

Thanks for all the kind words, it turned out better than I expected and I really didn't want to tackle it. The sky is quilted in meandering small spirals, the grass in a fern-shaped pattern, the tree in a small scale-like pattern. There are small clear glass beads on the spider web to look like dew and gold glass beads on the sun but it doesn't show up here.

o

It is beautiful!!! I love the owl in the hole in the tree.
Machine applique doesn't like me lol. I admire you for being able to do those tiny pieces so well.
Rosa

o

Such a fun, whimsical quilt! I love all the different fruits, flowers, and critters on the tree - and the spider web is wonderfully done. I'm surprised there is no little garden snake on the ground.

Well done!
Teresa

o

I love this quilt. You've done such lovely work with the applique and thread painting. The spider and the spider web are a nice touch.
Vasu

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here