Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
And another top finished!

Posted by msmeow (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 19, 14 at 15:58

I got these blocks last year in a birthday block swap. I only received 10 so had to make 2 more. The block is Woven RIbbons from Quilter's Cache. I started playing in EQ with one of their border ideas, one thing led to another, and this is the layout I finally decided on.

woven ribbons top 07-19-14 photo wovenribbonstopcomplete07-19-14_zps9e4396f0.jpg

This is a closeup of the border fabric. I think it came from a friend of mine who was reducing her stash before she moved. I'm keeping this one for me so I thought the sewing fabric was appropriate! LOL

woven ribbons border photo wovenribbonsborder_zps6c231894.jpg

I now have 4 tops done. I think it's time to stop piecing and start quilting! :)

Donna

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: And another top finished!

Donna, I like this layout and I'm partial to brights as well...nicely done!

I know what you mean about time to get quilting. I spray basted 4 tops this morning (1st time I'm trying the spray baste), wow it was quick! Now to start the quilting.

Do you do your quilting or send your tops to a long armer?

V.

o

Congrats on finishing another quilt top. I love your quilt top,... it looks like ribbons. And I like the border fabric and how you did the corners on the border.

Best to you and yours,
Sandra

o

Bravo! I love the way you set them so that they truly look like ribbons. Also love the brights and you sure found a great border.
LindaB/CA

o

Very nice. You did a good job choosing your layout and choice of border fabric. It was just what it needed. Congratulations...now on to the rest of the story..lol

o

I have always liked that block pattern and your borders just add to the overall look! Love it!

Val, Donna has a quilt frame & machine like mine, I think. A standard machine on a frame (Juki on a Pennywinkle frame)

And I fall into your group... I have 6 quilts sandwiched (if you count mom's) and ready for quilting! But I think none of mine will not be done on the frame this time.

o

Donna, what a clever way to finish your top. I love the way you added the tails to the ribbons along with the red stripe. And your border print is charming. Very nice project.

o

Thanks, everyone!

Val, I have a 9" Juki on a Hinterberg frame. It's great for baby quilts, wall hangings and lap quilts, but when you get into bed-size quilts it can be a challenge! But I do all my own quilting.

One of the tops needing quilting is my Celtic Solstice king-size. I'm hoping it will even fit on my frame. If not, I'll have to get creative. :)

Donna

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here